Friday, July 18, 2014

Well, it rained

Sort of. Nothing at all like the major thunderstorm we were supposed to get. It sprinkled on and off most of the night, but that was it. I was expecting to have to go to work and back in pouring rain, but nope - dry as a bone, both ways. Stuff is on the way, life is good, and my first tomato will be ripe for picking tomorrow. Then I get the fun of slicing it up, saving the seeds and salting it lightly for a snack. Yum.

There's also so much writing to do, needlework to do, and mosquito bites to treat with calamine when I get dressed for work. Where the heck they are coming from, I would like to know, but there are a ton of dragonflies that are working on catching the little pests and eating them. The jungle I live in is ridiculous, and once the next big project is done (propane heater and propane and such for heat this winter instead of running radiator heaters all winter again), things can start to progress better toward a downpayment for a house.

I don't need much - single story, minimum of an acre, prefer on a paved road. I'm a bit tired of dirt roads. I grew up on them, I'm living on one now, and so I have spent close to half my life living on dirt roads. They are not a lot of fun in the winter, when they get icy and horribly slick. Plus being on a paved road, I can put a sign at the roadside that I have veggies, fruits and crafts for sale, and make a bit of chump change that way. I am thinking of the future all the time now, and how to make it work, now that the decision's been made NOT to carve a place out of wilderness. It's a great idea, but when you are in your forties, it becomes way more work than your body wants to deal with, especially if you also have to work full-time to cover the bills until the homestead becomes self-supporting. And I'd rather that than have to work for another 20 years for someone else and make them lots of money.

Don't get me wrong, I like my job, but there are days when things just don't go well, and I'd like to give up and walk away from it. Granted, you can't do that when you are self-employed, but at that point, you have the knowledge that whatever happens, it's on you, good or bad. So it tends, for me, to make the work a lot more like fun and a lot less like work. Then again, that goes for anybody doing something they truly love, and I truly love homesteading and crafting and writing. I do not truly love mucking about with chicken all day, no matter how good the pay and benefits are, and never will. It's a job, I like it, it pays well, etc., but it's not my passion. So excuse me while I get some lunch and indulge in my passions for a little while before I head to the J.O.B. (Just Over Broke), so that one of these days, my passions will support me instead of the J.O.B. Hugs, all!

PS - For those who are asking, the stomach flu is long gone, but I'm still having issues of weakness and tiredness from it frequently. Plus my sinuses are acting up from being in the cold all day in production. So I'm nowhere near 100%. I'm maybe 65%, and slowly climbing out of this hole my body put me in. It's taking forever, and with the fibromayalgia as well, it takes two or three days to get another 5% or so better. I'm getting there, but it's very slow. Yet another reason to indulge my passion for writing. One of these days, all these ideas will be real books (maybe not long ones, but real ones) and they'll sell enough copies a month to support me, lol.

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST

Homemade Soap For Beginners (How to Make Soap)
How to Grow Delicious Vegetables In Your Backyard
A Guide to Gardening and Growing Best Herbs Anywhere
Backyard Organic Gardening: The New Gardener's Guide to Growing Organic Produce
Plant a ... Flower Bag: Step-by-Step Instructions for Beautiful Results
(3 BOOK BUNDLE) "Beginners Handbook of Knitting Stitches" and " How to Knit Scarves" and "How to Knit Socks": Learn How to Knit Quick and Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment