Thursday, July 17, 2014

Looking like it will pour

And I'm glad as we need the rain. I don't much like driving in the rain, but I can handle it. Personally, I'd rather go back to bed and sleep through it than go to work, but I'm an adult with responsibilities and it's tough, but you do what you have to do as an adult. I tell that to a number of the young people who hire in at the plant and start whining about how "hard" it is to work. Hate to tell them, but if they think working is hard, try being unemployed and homeless. That's a lot harder.

That first tomato should be ripe enough tomorrow to pick. My first tomato in practically forever, and I grew it. Yay, me! Today is a short day for a lot of things here at home. I have a hankering for pizza, so as soon as I'm done with this and a bit of writing (reformatting, really, I'm that close to done with the current booklet), I'm hauling out of here and heading to town for pizza and breadsticks. All just so I can sit down and relax while I eat before I have to haul butt and get back up to the plant in time for work. Which I overdid a bit yesterday and so today I am hurting. There are days I really hate having fibromyalgia. Oh wait. That would be EVERY day.

I did manage to gross out one of the young folks at work, which isn't hard to do, considering how distanced most of them are from where their food comes from, despite working in a poultry plant. The first time, one of the guys was coming around to clear all the skin and meat out of my scrap tub. The one gal across from me is the one I grossed out, because she saw the guy clearing the scrap out and faked hurling. I said, nothing wrong with this stuff, it's what you make soup stock from. She got even more grossed out by that, especially after I pointed out that when you add in the carcass with the meat bits on it and cook it all down, that's your chicken stock. Then I said, well, gee, you do realize honey is just bee barf, don't you? Huh? she says. Yeah, says I, bees harvest nectar from flowers, take it back to the hive, eat it, puke it up into the honeycomb, cap it off, let it ripen and poof, you have honey. Apparently, she liked honey, and now she's grossed out that it's bee ralph. LOL. Like I said, I work with a lot of people who are totally unaware of where their food comes from despite working in a food plant.

Haven't done much on Mom's lap quilt top. I'm waiting till the weekend when we do laundry again to work on it, and I hope to have the rest of the thread by next weekend. I hate having to play pick and choose on colors to try to work stuff, and leave big gaps in the stitching because I don't have all the colors. But Wal-Mart doesn't carry everything and there aren't any craft stores around here, so it's mail order. It's the one thing I miss about Branson area, is having a Michael's right there to get stuff, and they carried just about all the DMC embroidery thread colors. Now yarn, you were taking your chances there, but if you were into stitchery, you were in good luck. Only one thing for it, when I want to stitch stuff, I'm going to have to start stocking up ahead of time on thread, lol. So for now, I'm off to find books quickly before I pull together and get out of here for some lunch, so I'll see you round. Hugs, all!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


Seed Starting: Beginners Guide To Seed Gardening!
Raising Backyard Chickens For Beginners: Simple Guide To Keeping Happy & Healthy Backyard Chickens (Complete Guide)
Beyond Organic... Growing for Maximum Nutrition
Surviving Self Sufficiency and Thriving: The Best Manual to Do-It-Yourself and Returning to the Simple, Happy Life
Aquaponics For Everyone: The complete guide to easy aquaponic gardening at home!
Urban Beekeeping: How you can easily begin beekeeping at home, no matter where you live!
An Introduction to Aquaponic Gardening (Self Sustained Living Series Book 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment