Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Made it through!

Now to keep on making it through. Though I'm going to be a lot less suck it up and deal than I have been. I'm tired of this crap. I've got seniority, but it's all the new hires that get trained on all the lead stuff, and they haven't proven they've got the staying power to keep their jobs. Me, I'm there over a year, and have I been trained on any of that? Oh heck, no. And the one who's currently covering the lead spot because Britney is out on medical leave for a while (she's got to have a stent put in) likes to swat me on the butt as she passes to let me know she needs me to stop for calibrating the x-ray machine so we can make sure it's still picking up bones and such like it's supposed to ... so that despite me telling her not to do that a couple weeks ago before I got sick, she's still doing it. But she did it again last night. So screw it. I'm doing like the rest of the whiny butts around there and going straight to HR over it and putting in a written complaint. If she gets in trouble, oh well, it's on her. I'm tired of all the political brown-nosing that goes on and gets things screwed up for those of us who do things "the right way." So fine - if whining and griping and being an overgrown baby is what it takes to get ahead, they ain't seen nothing yet. I can do it with the best of 'em - I did single parent two kids, after all, and learned the fine art of whining from them.

Other than that, and we didn't get out till nearly 4AM because the one supervisor decided we needed to run every freaking tote of birds we had, things didn't go too badly. I got plenty of breaks to go get water, so I didn't dehydrate, and that helped, but I also took my time on things. If other people aren't going to do their jobs, with me doing all the little extras that I don't have to do, I'm not doing the little extras anymore. And if that means stuff ends up going on the floor, and thus into the condemned barrels, so be it. You can guess from all this that being sick has chucked me into the land of I don't give a rat's behind anymore. If I have to, I can find a way to make a living from home one way or another. The plant is great for a good paycheck and benefits and all, but the BS has to stop. I am not dealing with it any more, so the heck with it. Homesteading and housework and writing and crafting are a lot more fun anyhow.

So it's time for book-hunting and writing and crafting and a bit of housework and a bit of watering. It rained a tiny bit last night, but not enough to help what's left of the garden. So I need to haul up some water and dump it on things to salvage what I can. Heck, if I can get a few of those Arkansas Traveler tomatoes to grow well enough that I can save some seeds, yay me.

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


The Vegetable Container Gardening Guide: How to Grow Food in a Container Garden
Organic Herb Gardening: the Beginners Guide to Planning, Growing, and Preserving Your Own Culinary and Medicinal Herbs (Organic Gardening Beginners Planting Guides)
Square Foot Gardening Made Easy: Beginners Guide To Growing a Healthy Garden (Step by Step)
The Backyard Chickens Handbook: What You Need to Know to Raise Backyard Chickens (Modern Homesteading Book 1)
Organic Pest Control Made Easy: How To Naturally Keep Your Home, Garden & Food Pest Free (Pest Prevention, Natural & Home Made Insecticide Recipe, Bug Free, Food Preparation) (Homesteading Book 1)
Food Preservation Book Package: Food Drying and Food Canning (2 Books 1)
Survival Seeds: The Emergency Heirloom Seed Saving Guide
Easy Soapmaking for Beginners: Learn to Make Homemade Soap, Plus Dozens of Easy Recipes
Square Foot Gardening: Have the Ultimate Garden of Your Dreams While Saving Space, Time and Money (square foot gardening)
How To Improve Soil Condition in Your Garden
Baby Cocoon And Owl Hat Crochet Pattern
Organic Square Foot Gardening: Learn The Secrets of Growing Organic Vegetables, Fruits, and Herbs in Less Space (Square Foot Gardening - Your Beginners Guide to Building the Perfect Garden Oasis)
How to Sell your Hand Knitting

No comments:

Post a Comment