Thursday, July 3, 2014

Nature is a wonder

Isn't She? I'm feeling tons better today, though no thanks to any dentist over my jaw, as I'd intended. Not a single one of them locally takes walk-ins. Seriously? What about a dental emergency? Oh, just go to the ER. But, says I to each of them, YOU'RE the DENTIST. YOU should be able to deal with this. We don't do walk-ins under any circumstances, they all told me. So basically, I got told to get lost by every dentist in Harrison. And I have good insurance from work, too! Shows how a serious issue rates. I could have made an appointment and gotten in to see the one. In a WEEK. Fat lot of good that would do me. So it was off to the health food store, which is where I should have gone in the first place, to get some clove oil. Stuff is not that tasty, really, but it is Nature's own version of Anbesol, only it works faster. A q-tip loaded with the stuff swabbed on the area, and three seconds later, it was like I didn't have an issue at all. Then it was off for a bit of supper, some of which I brought home, because I don't want to stress my system with too much food at once. I may have overdone it anyhow a little, because I've got a mild tummyache, but it sure felt good to eat that tiny pizza and a couple of breadsticks! Granted, it took me over an hour to get that little bit down, but it tasted so darned good.

And you know what all that means? It means that I actually felt good enough to get out of the house and drive myself somewhere today for the first time in a week! I may just be able to salvage my job yet, thank goodness, because we really do need two incomes right now, and I'd go stir crazy with not working. This enforced vacation has not been a lot of fun. Mom raised me too well to be the kind of person who has a strong work ethic, and laying around being sick does not go well with that. Even when you know you need to rest, if you've got that strong a work ethic, you tend to feel guilty about getting sick!

The only really bad part about all of this is that Quentin has no idea how to tend a garden, so mine has been seriously neglected in this heat for the last week. Poor thing. My Arkansas Traveler tomatoes are getting quite a few golf ball or slightly larger green maters on them, but nowhere near what they should have been doing. My beans, squash and corn are doing okay, especially the beans, some of the cucurbits that haven't been set out yet are struggling and may make it if I can heal up enough to do something with them this weekend, but most of my little peppers and tomatoes are kaput. Oh well ... there's always next year. The lettuce and carrots have not made it, the radishes are trying. This is not going to be the garden I hoped it would be, but a start is a start in a place as rough as this.

It does mean that I'll have more time for writing and crafting, and other things that are popping up as potential income sources, so as one door closes, another opens wider. The garden will be cared for with what I can do for what is attempting to survive my unintentionally benign neglect of late, and what grows will be eaten fresh instead of grown like crazy to have any for sale. Such is life. But it will mean more writing, so that's good, too, because I have been totally ignoring that for a few months! Homesteading isn't all about growing and fixing and building and things like that. It can be about other things, too, and is what you make of it. And my desire to work from home really has taken serious root. If the garden isn't flourishing, my wish to stay at home to work sure is! So with that, I'm off to find some books and cuddle a kitty, though the kitty comes first. Bouncer is being very patient sitting next to me and patting my arm with a paw, begging for some cuddles. See you later, folks!

ADDENDUM AND SHAMELESS PLUG:

Thanks to one of my dear galpals (she knows who she is!), I've joined Endless Xpressions as a representative. This is a terrific company for home party jewelry sales, and once you take a look at what is currently available, you will understand why. The jewelry is gorgeous. There are new things going up every day with this company, and it's all incredibly well-priced. So why am I telling you all this? Because I want all of you to have the opportunity to WIN a prize from the parent company right off the bat.



How do you do that? It's so simple, you won't believe how easy it is. Endless Expressions is doing a 4th of July giveaway. Order a minimum of $50 from me between now and July 5th for an entry to win the handbag in the photo! This handbag features:
Buckle flap with encircled stars and crystals that comes over the top to snap close
Cut out stars
A single compartment divided by a medium zippered pocket
A zipper enclosure for the entire purse
A smaller zippered pocket on inside back
2 open pockets on the inside front
A cell phone pocket and a zippered pocket on the back
4 studs on the bottom of the bag
An open pocket on each end
Double flat strap

The winner will be announced on the EX page the morning of the 6th. This is an awesomely STUNNING handbag that is not available elsewhere on the site! And best of all, let's say you place one $50 order, and get an entry to win the handbag, and later come back and order another $50, then you get ANOTHER entry towards winning that spectacular July 4th-themed handbag! Is that crazy or what? This handbag is worth $62.95, and you KNOW you want it! So just go to my EX store, place your order, and hold your breath to see if you won!


KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST

How to Knit an Infinity Scarf + 9 Fashionable Cowl Knitting Patterns
Homesteading: Urban Homesteading: A Beginner's Guide to Self Sufficiency and Sustainable Living in Urban Homes (Gardening for Beginners, Urban Gardening, Homesteading Ideas)
Container Gardening: A beginner's guide to growing Organic Vegetables, Fruits & Herbs in a Small Space (Gardening for Beginners, Urban Gardening, Container Gardening Ideas)
Aquaponic Gardening: A Step by Step Guide for Beginners
Raised Bed Gardening System: A book on soil, irrigation, designs and ideas for growing vegetables (Vegetable Gardening)
DIY Natural Household Cleaners: Your Quick Start Guide to a Cleaner, Greener Home (FREE BONUS INCLUDED)
Crochet a Pair of Women's Leisure Slippers - A Vintage Pair of Crochet Slippers Pattern
Raised Bed Gardening:: The Beginners Guide to Starting Your Own Raised Bed Garden Today
The Complete Composting Guide for Beginners: Grow Your Own From Home!
Growing Herbs For Food And Medicine
How to Make Colorful and Fragrant Soap at Home: Unique Soap Making Recipes With Step by Step Photos (A Soap Making Book Book 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment