Tuesday, July 15, 2014

No rain darn it

It threatened most of yesterday, but the rain never happened. That meant watering today whether I felt up to it or not. Bummer, because I had a good pain day yesterday (meaning little to none for a change), and of course got silly and overdid it and today I'm paying for it in spades with pain. Ow, ow, ow. I know better than to overdo it with the fibro and all, but do I ever listen? Nope, I use up too much energy when I feel good and then crash and burn the next day. Tonight will be interesting for work, that is for darn sure. But chores are done and I can relax, do stuff on the computer and get some food before I have to be packed and off to work in the next 90 minutes or so. Now, if I eat a good something here at home, I can leave at 4 instead of 330 ... and I really should start eating at home more. I tend to hit Subway on the way to work because it's fast and easy and I'm feeling lazy from the fibro a lot of days. I really need to stop that. It may be some of the only fast food I can eat, but that doesn't mean I need to live off it. Bad me, lol.

I do have positive news on the garden. My first tomato has finally started blushing. Yeah, I'll get a few tomatoes out of the deal and that's going to be about it, lol. But I gave it a good shot. Not my fault I got sick for nearly two weeks. Still recovering from that, but feeling much better and not so tired all the time. Just most of the time. I should be back to more or less normal just in time for cooler weather to start setting in. Yay me. Hey, checking local weather, I won't have to water the rest of this week - it's supposed to rain HARD Thursday. YAY! That's a few days I can get away with no outside chores. It does mean closing ALL the windows though, to make sure water doesn't get in and drown anything.

Quentin is getting his promotion at work finallly. They are training him up to be a shoulder cutter, which just means he will be making the cuts on the birds that separate the meat from the wishbone and ribs so that the wings, breasts and tenderloins can be cut off the birds by the other folks down the line. It is a BIG pay raise of around $400 a week just on the base 40 hours, never mind all the overtime. That is a good thing for us financially - a house is in the future sooner than hoped with any luck at all.

The only real problem I'm having right now with the new laptop is the arrow keys. I'm used to smaller ones for left and right, so they are all the same size. This thing has HUGE buttons for left and right and teeny ones for up and down. But the trade off for a computer that works properly and with a screen where I can see everything without squinting now is a big help, especially when I'm writing. So I'll happily learn to deal with that, as I am beginning to like this thing. (And if I want to game, the screen resolution is much bigger, so games that wouldn't work on the netbook will work on here, lol. Yeah, I'm a geek and a dork. So shoot me.) However, I need to find books and pack lunch and eat something so I can get to work. Yay me. I'm so thrilled today to go in. NOT. It's just one of "those days." I'd rather stay home and write, lol!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


Grow thy Own: A Simple Guide to Organic Gardening. (Fertilizer, Watering, Composting, Bacteria, Fungus, Macronutrients, Micronutrients, and Pest Control)
Milking Your Goats What You Need To Know Guide (Goat Knowledge)
Owl Basket Pattern Pack
Container Gardening For Beginners: Simple Tricks And Ideas To Container Gardening Made Easy!
Home Grown Peppers: Beginners Guide To Growing Peppers & Chili (Simple Home Gardening)
A Beginner's Guide to Successful Container Gardening: Learn the Innermost Secrets of Growing Healthy Plants at your Home
Organic Vertical Gardening: The Beginner's Guide to Growing More in Less Space (Organic Gardening Beginners Planting Guides)
Aquaponics: The Beginners Guide to Growing Vegetables and Raising Fish with Aquaponic Gardening (Sustainable Living & Homestead Survival Series)

No comments:

Post a Comment