Thursday, July 10, 2014

Getting a new laptop

Whether I want to or not, no later than this weekend. This one's about had it. Started to turn it on this morning and the power cord/plugin thing on the side wasn't taking the juice from the power cord. Woops. Almost had to ride to Harrison with Quentin this morning, cutting my time to zero, so I could get a new one and spend part of tonight setting it up. I'm not too thrilled with having to get a new one, because of having to go to Windows 8, and the really bad part is, I need Quentin to pick me up a new flash drive while he's down there today because I can't find one that works. The only one I've got somehow got RUSTY on the part that goes into the USB port, and it's useless. ARGH!!!!! So a good chunk of this weekend will not be spent writing as planned, but setting up a new computer and learning how Windoze 8 works, which is not going to be fun. Bummer on the one hand, but a new toy on the other. We'd planned on keeping this one to teach Quentin how to use a computer, but with the power issue on it, it's not likely to be doing much of anything except backup for a few days while I move things over and learn the new one. I'm really not going to like having to sit and redownload all my kindle books to the new computer, as I'm in the process of converting them to PDF with Calibre. Double ARGH!

Last night didn't go so well ... heck, yesterday didn't go so well. I felt like crap, so nothing got done that needed to be done, and I struggled to work. I came home at break because I was having trouble staying upright. For some reason, I was relapsing, probably from pushing so hard right off, and I felt like I was going to pass out all first half. So I found a couple supervisors, told them I needed to leave and why, and the one, who's usually a bit of a tough sell, just looked at me and said I looked like I was about to pass out right in production, and to get my butt out of there and home. I feel some better today. Still not 100% by a long shot, but at least it feels like I can maybe get through work today. Sort of slept in a bit after Quentin got up, which is normal for me. He likes getting up way earlier than I do, so I usually half-doze while he gets ready for work, and then get up and moving about the time he's ready to go. That was this morning - much more normal than yesterday, when all I wanted to do was sleep. Should have taken my body's advice and called in for the day and slept, lol. May take a short nap after doing this and eating something, before I have to pull together for work. Just because I CAN, lol.

I did make spaghetti for dinner last night, and it was good, but I should have cooked the pasta a bit more. It wasn't al dente, but it was a bit chewier than I personally like. But there's plenty of leftovers for me to eat today for lunch. I do like leftovers, when it's my own cooking. Most people's cooking aggravates my fibro so bad from the various things they use, which usually involves them cooking from cans. All the overprocessing really does a number on me, which is why I cook from scratch so much. I grew up doing a lot of that, and the last several years, it's been nice to get back to that. Hopefully today,  I can get dishes done and it will either rain (40% chance) or I will be able to get some water out of the well and deal with what is not dead in the garden. Seems like a lot of people are losing everything this year, and that is sad, but it happens. Anyhow, time to  find books. Hugs, all!

(Woops, spoke too soon about having to haul up water ... I hear thunder and it's gotten dark FAST! Gonna rain, yay!)

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


Making Soap From Scratch: From Bar Soaps to Liquid Soaps, You Will Never Run Out!
How to Crochet: Beginner's Guide
Organic Gardening: Your Guide to Growing Healthy Organic Produce
Companion Container Gardening for Beginners - A Complete Step-By-Step Guide
Leg Warmers Knitting Pattern
How To Water wisely In The garden

No comments:

Post a Comment