Friday, January 30, 2015

Can I cry now?

This is so frustrating!!!!!! Michigan makes it much easier to get a business started. There, it's fill out a form, pay a dollar, and poof - resale license, aka Sales, Use and Withholding Certificate. Here, I have to fill out a form, which is fine, but there's a FIFTY DOLLAR non-refundable fee that has to go with it, and since I'll be working from home, there's also a trip to make to Green Forest to check with the city about whether or not I need a license from THEM. If I do, I have to get THAT, and if not, I need a statement to that respect, because either way, a copy has to go with the SUW application and that whacking fee.

On the other hand, there is a place online I can get stuff at a bit of a discount, resell that stuff in the webstore at full price for a bit until I get all the freaking paperwork taken care of, and go that way. It won't make as much profit as buying wholesale, goodness knows, but at least I'd have a shot at getting going. And there are a couple craft kit supply places I can go through to buy stuff in kits and make to sell as well. Anybody up for foam ornaments and decorations for the holidays? They are not super-great, looking much like kiddie crafts, though the one place also has some neat but easy to make jewelry kits I can get to make and sell as well. Though I have to admit, the foam ornament stuff sold pretty well a few years ago when I was able to do a lot of craft shows simply because they were cheap. (I sold LOTS of the tacky little darlings.) Only problem is, it means my shipping time will likely end up being about ten business days, as I can't afford a lot of inventory right now, so things are going to have to be bought as they sell for the time being. ARGH! I am just so ready to cry from frustration from all the hurry up and wait. When this gets going, it better be bleeding well worth it all.

Ah, well. I've had more frustrating days. Like Thursday. I woke up feeling okay but ended up with a blinding headache before I could leave for work, so I had to call in. Hubby went in, but ended up taking an emergency vacation day because he got sick. We are talking major sick, and not the kind of two-for-one special on his lunch that he really wanted. Apparently, they ended up having to clear up the bathroom floor, and he went to the nurse, who said he should go home. So he found his supervisor and the GPM on the production floor (and nearly did another two-fer right there), and after consult, they sent him home. I guess they're putting it down as a vacation day and will do the paperwork on Friday. (I hope so or else he'll end up losing his job for "abandoning" it when his supervisor TOLD him it would go down as a vacation day in front of the GPM!) I'm typing this up Thursday evening and hubby hasn't eaten since he got home. Point of fact, he's done nothing but sleep for the most part. Awake here and there a few minutes at a stretch, but mostly zonked. Hopefully, this is a twenty-four hour bug and he'll feel better tomorrow.

(Update just before I head to bed at 530AM ... made him some chicken noodle soup which he couldn't even get up the oomph to try, so I'll have to see about shoving it down him before work later today. Nothing solid in him since he got home; he's basically just slept. But it's good for him. I always say sleep is the best medicine. If they want to sleep that much, let 'em. A missed meal or two isn't going to kill someone who's been sick. It will just mean they take it easy on the first food they put down afterwards.)

But at least I got caught up on some of the stuff I need to do for the store, and got quite a bit of quilting done. And if I use PayPal and Pay With Amazon for payment gateways, and go month to month on the hosting, I may be able to swing a start to the webstore ... we shall see. That's going to be a few weeks yet, what with all that's got to be done first in the way of getting graphics and descriptions and such together from about three different places. Yay, my life.

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment