Monday, January 26, 2015

I can haz kittens?

As many of you know, Tinkerbell had her kittens yesterday. We have five fluffy jellybeans now. One that looks a lot like her (possibly female), a female calico (as one friend put it, if it were male and fertile, it'd be worth a bajillion dollars, because calico males are rare and XXY, meaning always sterile), a dark grey/black and white (likely male) and two male gingers. One of those has only a little white, and the other has enough white to look almost exactly like Bouncer. Now that hubby has a couple vacation days left and we have a teeny bit of extra cash and I have a couple points if need be, one of us is taking a day off fairly soon and getting that boy altered. Every stinking time we make an appointment for him, we have no vacation, no points we can use, no money, or we're sick. Then it's alter Tink, Raffles and whichever ginger hubby decides he had to keep.Smudge is curled up next to me, content in knowing he is still my best boy. He does love his cuddles and pets. He is totally ignoring the whole thing for the most part, lol. Raffles, as usual, is hiding, and Bouncer finally is ignoring the kittens because Tink got tired of him sleeping on her head and swatted at him.

We've made the agreement that if someone adopts one of the kittens and doesn't want to keep it for whatever reason, we'll take it back and either keep it or rehome it. We do not want to see any of these babies ending up in the shelter. If none of them get homed out or they all come back, I don't mind. I can think of worse things to be overrun by than a houseful of kitties.

More done on the webstore as far as contacting potential suppliers (soooo many people to write to!!) and working on the site directory. I've got it sorted out as to what things I make/do will be carried, and part of the site directory for stuff from the one supplier, but the rest of them need to be worked on and it's getting to be complicated. There's my stuff (books, finished crafts, eventually seeds, cross-stitching, knitting, crochet, embroidery, needlepoint, supplies ... just LOADS of things. I also got some TV watching done to catch up on my few shows while doing a lot of stitching on Mom's lap quilt, which seems to finally be getting somewhere on that. I have some of the middle yet to quilt, and the one square right around the outside, then trimming to size, seaming and binding. ALMOST there! Then there's the MAM to finish up for the bed and also another one of the same pattern but only niine bands to make for a friend. Her office space can get a bit drafty and her feet get cold easily in Michigan's winter weather, so I told her I would make her a scrapghan to cover up with and stay wrapped up in warm, yarny friendship. So it's busy time as always.

And hey, I get to go back to work today, woot! I'm so thrilled ... ugh. I'd rather stay home and work on the store, lol. It's much more fun.

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment