Thursday, January 8, 2015

Tired of cold already

And we're going to have this mess for about a week. Ugh. It was miserable yesterday, with the low dropping to ONE degree. Despite heat in the house, the place isn't that well insulated, so it's a good thing we keep multiple water dishes around the house for the cats. The main one on the living room floor actually froze to where the cats can't break the ice to get at it. The canned cat food in the walk-in pantry has frozen as well. Kind of hard to whack it out of a can to feed them in the morning, but they don't care. They just gnaw on it anyhow.

I am really wishing business was going gung ho, but it's going to take about $600 to get going (website and hosting for a year, some inventory though most will be dropshipped stuff, wholesaler's merchant listing - the best one costs $300 lifetime membership, and SSL certificate). I can't wait, because having to leave home to work is ridiculous, and I know once things get rolling, I can make more from the webstore than from my current job, and be happier with it.

I did get an inventory listing of everything I've had up on Etsy done last night. It isn't much, but I have more to photograph and get listed in the file. So there's that going on, needlework, etc. I also managed, since I was having a sick day (ugh!) to get the totes of stuff to photograph from the front bedroom while it was still halfway warm, along with the big empty one to store my to-do projects in. All are in the closet, handy for when needed right now.

I'd love to head right back to bed, but I can't. Work calls. Someday, it won't, and I'm going to be happy about that, but for now, I have to. Ugh, ugh, ugh. But hey, at least I don't live in Barrow, Alaska!

No comments:

Post a Comment