Sunday, January 11, 2015

My one day off ...

And I  get sick. Well, not sick-sick, just not quite feeling the thing today. Got a lot done in bits and pieces. Laundry (still need to put it away), some staple groceries which are put up, cleaned litter boxes, took care of trash, got my shower in, had a nice lunch at Western Sizzlin' which is surprisingly staying down, and now I get to relax for a bit before putting the laundry away and having some dinner.

I also had a nice long chat with my Mom, and we talked for nearly 90 minutes. There's always so much to talk about over a week's time, and I love being able to connect with her. I do need to get her a magnifier light for all her stitchery. Her eyes aren't what they used to be and she could use something especially for helping her see to do her needlework. Her lap quilt is coming along on the final touches. I have a little bit of seaming to do to put the pieces of the backing together yet, then I can do the trimming to size and all the rest of it. I wish I could be there to see her face when she opens it!!! I will have to tell her she cannot open it until we are talking on the phone, so I can at least hear her comments, lol. Got a short load of wood delivered yesterday after work to a guy I know from work who needed some. He only lives about ten minutes away from the plant, so even with helping to unload the wood, I was still heading home at a reasonable hour.

While at the store, I picked up some ginger ale for my upset tummy. Trust me, even if you hate the stuff, if you have a tummy that is soured or a bit crampy from tummy flu, lots of tea (preferably mint) and ginger ale. They'll keep you from shouting groceries, keep you hydrated, and will naturally soothe the upset tummy and stop the spasming. A few swallows of ginger ale, and I got mine settled enough that I was able to take a nap for about as long as I also talked to Mom, so I'm feeling much better. Wishing I had a few more days off, though, just for the sake of staying home and goofing off. But it's back to work tomorrow and back to mucking about with the chickens! In the meantime, it's write a page or two a day on a book(let), and work on stuff for the webstore and my at-home job (eventually). It's so exciting!!

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment