Saturday, January 17, 2015

I am NOT a happy camper

Last night at work was fine until a while after break. Let's just say some people are not going to like me, because I had to go to the GPM after we got done and make a major gripe. I was highly agitated about the situation, which involves a supervisor and the former backup lead, and talked to the GPM, Jamie. "I have a conundrum, Jamie," I began, "and I need your help to solve this problem." As Jamie has authority over our supervisors, I didn't have much choice in this. Apparently, I was more upset than I thought at first, because I waited till he was done talking to other supervisors before I approached him, and within moments, there were three or four of them gathered round, plus the breast line lead, one of the jack drivers, and half of breast line (that last mainly because Jamie was standing over that way). I don't normally go ballistic like this, so everyone was stunned, just standing there listening to the show. But as I told Jamie, "I need to know what's going on before we get rolling tomorrow as to this thing, because currently, I am lost and confused on it, and I don't want to walk in here tomorrow and find out at the last minute that there's a nasty surprise waiting for me." He agreed the situation was in need of his help, and said he'd see what he could do. So I'm sort of looking forward to work on a Saturday because it's all overtime (and hopefully the last Saturday for a good, long while!), but not because of this problem.

On the upside, I got to finally watch the pilot of "Agent Carter" while stitching away on Mom's lap quilt, so it's coming along slowly but surely in the quilting department. I picked out a few patterns for some socks from my pattern stash, and I got some writing done, all either yesterday before work or last night after work. But for now, it's time for a short nap again ... the overtime is nice, but 50 hours a week is killing me, lol! Next week is supposed to be a slightly short week, but I won't mind a BIT! More time to get other things done that I need to do!

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment