Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Yesterday was a disaster

Work was a nightmare. They decided it would be a good idea over Sunday to retool the tender lines, where I work. I can't talk about what they did exactly, because it's considered company confidential information. However, I can say it's a stupid thing to have done, because now the tender lines are way wet, unless you turn off the water, which means the line won't run right. That really wouldn't be a major issue, other than a lot of that water comes down the line WITH the meat, and drops off the line to the floor right where I have to stand. So I got drenched from the knees down last night. By the time we got off work, my sneakers were so soaked, I had basically been standing in shoes full of ice water for several hours, so I squelched when I walked! It's a good thing I was wearing my woolies, which helped a little bit, though not much.

The best part of wool socks is the way they wick moisture away from your body. Mind, when you're getting drenched, they don't do much because they're getting soaked, too. Mine were so wet when I got home that the whole foot was wringing wet. My jeans are still wet, so it's a different pair of pants for work today. My shoes had to be put upside down on the radiator heater for over an hour to get dried out at all. So, much as my feet will hate them because there's no cushion (and I have high arches), I'm going back to my rubber boots and fuzzy liners for waterproofed feet and some warmth from the liners, because those boots are darned cold otherwise.

Didn't get home till around 3AM from work, but I did have something on Hulu, so I watched/listened to that while I worked a bit more on Mom's lap quilt. That quilting is tiring. The thing is just puffy enough that I can't "rock" the needle, by instering it from the top through to the back, tilting it sideways and just pushing it back up for the stitch. I have to poke it through, shift my hand to pull it through a bit, and then push it back up through to finish the stitch. I have the diamond quilting around the center butterfly done, which was the hardest because it's in the middle, and I'm starting on another one. As long as I have something  to watch on my computer, I can get a bit done every night. Well, that and as long as I don't have to work so late that it's 4AM or later when I get home, haha! I've done that a few too many times to find it fun any more, especially when I'm 46!

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment