Saturday, January 24, 2015

Poll is closed

And the name is chosen. By unanimous vote, the website will be homesteadcrafter. Yay, now to continue to line up suppliers whilst I finish putting together the moola to get the thing started. Today's activities were pretty boring, but thankfully, it's Saturday and I didn't have to work!!! First time in a MONTH!

So it was a haircut which I desperately needed, laundry, lunch, groceries and home with all the stuff so I could spend a bit of time putting it away. I worked a bit on the mile a minute afghan whilst laundry was going, so now I have nine more strips to start to have the full count. Did some quilting last night after work and planning on more tonight if I can stay awake. As my hair appointment was at noon, I had to be up at ten so I could get laundry loaded, double check the grocery list, and head my happy butt out the door. I've got a whole one show left on Hulu I can use to "watch" as background noise whilst quilting, then it's into the movies for "tv time" on the computer.

And Tink is about ready to pop with her litter by Bouncer. I told hubby we needed to get him fixed, but he has this misguided notion that getting Bouncer clipped affects HIS manhood, haha!!! After the litter's started weaning, I'm getting Tink and Raffles both fixed, assuming I can catch/trap Raffley-Bedaffley. Tink's not an issue, as she likes attention, though getting her in a carrier might be a bit tricky. But they are getting spayed, period. We are keeping one of the kittens, especially if it is an orange tabby like Bouncer, because his health really isn't the best, and we don't want to have a gaping hole in our hearts if/when something happens. As both parents are excellent mousers, and the kittens are going to be well-socialized, I've managed to already line up more potential homes than that cat can have in a litter. I mentioned casually at work a few weeks back that Tinkerbell was preggo, and had a dozen people asking for a kitten - told them get in line and sign the list. First come, first serve. She looks like 4-6 kittens as big as she is. But she's at most a week away from delivery, probably less. She's been eating like crazy last couple of weeks (thank goodness we feed kitten kibble for the high protein for Bouncer), and has started looking for dark places to have her babies.

Now, why do we feed high-protein kitten kibble and wet food to all adult cats? Bouncer needs it, the rest just tag along on the food wagon. It does give them lots of energy though! Bouncer had that spider bite on his back the year before we got him, and it was untreated. His old caretakers (not that they were good at it) let the bite get infected and nasty until it literally exploded. So Bubba's had some issues with his hind legs since, and every summer he loses a lot of weight as soon as it gets above 80. He puts it back on in the cooler weather, but this year, he hasn't gained it back. He also spent a lot of the summer licking his fur off his hindquarters, so he looks odd. He's still sweet and loving and all, but we really don't know how old he is, and the vet has no real explanation for his weight loss other than heat affecting his system after the spider bite, so we are looking to repair the hole he'll leave eventually prior to it happening. It'll give hubby a baby Bouncer to love on.

Now if that heifer Tink will just hurry up and use the darned nesting box instead of trying to crawl under my nightstand to have her kittens!

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment