Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

So far, so good. We had to run a few errands today, and that took some time from sitting here stitching on the lap quilt. The last butterfly is ALMOST done, and I really need to get it finished so it can get out to Mom, hopefully in time for her birthday. I have teeny bits of three more colors to do, and a big bunch of fill-in on a fourth, then the backstitching and it's done. Then there's just assembly, basting, quilting, sewing up the edge, binding, and it will finally be done. I think I'll have a bit of a cry when that happens, because I've put so much time and effort and love into this, and I hate to see projects finish. But finishing one means I can start another!!!!

We have already had a blessing this year. Hubby delivered a last load of wood yesterday and the guy who bought it had an older Suburban that he was junking out. The tires weren't that old and were in really good shape, plus are 10-ply off-road tires. We are swapping two cords of cut, split wood for the tires. I do love bartering. We needed the tires, though. The front ones on the truck were getting pretty bad, and we had no idea how we were going to get new ones since the ones we need to get for the truck are $200 each! So this is a blessing. There's plenty left in the wood pile for another load, which comes out to about a rick (half a cord), more or less. Hubby will have to sharpen chainsaws for us both so we can get busy and get more stuff cut up. The guy specifically requested that one load be nothing but smaller stuff for kindling and such, so that means a lot of work for me!

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment