Friday, January 9, 2015

Funny kitties

The cats are so funny today. Smudge has finally gotten to where he doesn't get mad at the girls, particularly Tinkerbell, as much unless one of them startles him. Last night, they were all snuggled at my feet on the bed, doing the communal bathing thing. Then Bouncer wanted to play with Smudge, they rolled around into the laptop and Tink, and all four of them started in wresting at my feet, swatting at each other and beating the crap out of each other, all without any hissing and snarling, just general kitty play. It was hysterical, and I couldn't stop laughing.

Which kind of made it hard to do anything towards crocheting or knitting or working on finishing Mom's lap quilt. Seriously, the one night I get a chance to work on things while I feel good. heart lately has been acting up some - sucks having LVH and an irregular heartbeat, but not enough to get me on disability, even though I can barely move most days, between that and the fibro. How sick do I have to be? I like working, but geez, I'd rather not work and hurt so much. But since I am not "disabled enough" (whatever THAT is - dang near dead?) and "can work without medications" (because they're all narcotics I can't take while working anyhow under company policy), and because disability would be less than $1000 a month for me right now (and I make more than that by about $400 a month on average), I'm kind of stuck working till the business is booming and takes off. Oh well, soon, I think, it will be better, as I line up wholesale and dropship distributors for things I want to carry in the webstore. Mostly books and stuff for things I personally enjoy, particularly in the crafting and gardening department, for stuff I don't do myself.

As an example, if I make soaps and sell those, I can also carry the supplies others can use to make soaps themselves. Knitting and crocheting? Make and sell stuff, but also sell notions (needles, hooks, and the like) and yarns. Embroidery? Carry the kits and notions. Quilting? Mostly notions unless I can dropship things like quilting frames and such. Gardening? Tools and other supplies. And of course, books on everything. I don't intend on making it an all-encompassing store for everything homesteady, just for the kinds of things I will be making and selling myself, so it also makes sense to carry other people's stuff that fall into the same categories. It may be ambitious or stupid or whatever, to some, but to me, at least it will be some extra income coming in over time, and it can be built up to be a good business. Wondering if I should do a gofundme or indiegogo campaign to get the funds together and offering a lifetime discount to supporters of, say $5 and up. Whatcha think, FB and blogger peeps?

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment