Wednesday, January 7, 2015

It's time ...

For the obligitory January cold snap here in the Ozarks. Currently, temps are below freezing, and it's not going to get better for a few days. It's so cold, I'm not even tempted to TRY to do dishes. We're doing the paper plates and plastic silverware routine so I don't have to worry about it. I did manage to make it through work, though I just about fell asleep standing up doing it because I was so tired from fighting off another attack of stomach flu the night before. I'm still not all that awake, but I have to get myself in gear and ready to rock and roll pretty soon.

I did get a bit of needlework done yesterday, just not a lot, from not feeling too great. Still trying to get Mom's lap quilt done so I can do the assembly and such, but not getting much of anywhere with it last night because my finger was hurting  from all the stitching the day before. Hand stitching through that heavy material is not easy nor comfortable on the fingertips!! But she's worth everything that I'm going through for that qulit, and I know she'll love it. Hubby is concerned that she will put it away and not use it. I know Mom, she'll use the dickens out of it.

Please keep my daughter's friend's family in your thoughts and prayers. Not only did her friend commit suicide recently, but over last Saturday, his father passed as well. To quote her, "I can't even imagine what his mother must be experiencing, but the family needs all the support they can get right now."

But time for work ... even though I could likely use about another six or eight hours of sleep, apparently, because I feel just that tired. Thank goodness hubby does most of the driving. I need to get the webstore stuff going so I can bleeding well do all I want to do once it's going well. That means working my store, making stuff, dropshipping stuff (mostly dropshipping, thank goodness), writing, gardening, keeping up the house, etc. So I'm off for the day - see you guys! Hugs, everybody!

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment