Thursday, January 22, 2015

One potential company down

For the count, that is. They're a small business as well, and just to beg for permission to sell their products (which are nice, but not THAT nice), you have to basically sign away your life. I can understand the credit application. I can understand the "resale license," aka sales tax license. But a copy of your business license as well as not one, but THREE "trade references?" Seriously, I live in BFE Arkansas, where pretty much nobody even bothers with a DBA, and for a craft store online, you aren't going to need a business license from the state. Trust me on this one, I made calls and checked. As for three trade references, a new business is going to be lucky to have ONE in their bank, never mind two more on top of that. So, scratch that company. Oh well, plenty more fish in the sea, and so far, two companies are happy to deal with me as soon as I get the paperwork done and back to them, and to give me pretty nice discounts from 30% to 50%.

Now to just get some of my home folks down here for work that they desperately need, as the plant is always hiring. As I told one, I'd mention other plants, but I know mine well, and we pay the best in the country, so which one you think I'm gonna promote? Time to go watch a bit of TV on here and get some more quilting done. It's coming along, and there's some real progress going on now with that lap quilt. Whew!

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment