Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Last day of the year

It's hard to believe it's the end of 2014, as we humans measure time. Another year, another cycle of seasons, has ended, and a new one is about to begin. I didn't get anywhere near as many things accomplished this year as I wanted to, but I did get more done than I hoped I would. That's a good thing. I've lost a few friends to death, and a few others to them quitting at the plant (we were just "work friends," but still). My marriage has had it's ups and downs, but generally has grown stronger. Above all else, I have more plans than I really will have time for to work on this upcoming year, and that's going to keep me busy.

Already, I have a small pile of winter projects to work on as soon as Mom's lap quilt is done, including travel projects (which mostly travel to work with me to do a bit before work) and large (the scrap afghan) and small (socks) crochet and knitting projects to do. I have a project to work on in that I really need to get things added to my Amazon wishlist so folks will know what I want when things like birthdays come up, so they don't have to ask. Just go there and pick something. I'll be thrilled with it. There are books waiting to be finished up, neatened up, to put up on the Kindle platform as ebooks for sale. Then there's the biggie for the year - getting a standalone website going.

Don't get me wrong. I love blogger and will continue to use it. But Etsy and I are going to have to part ways. A crocheted layette there that I put up as $20 somehow got it's price changed by Etsy to $2000!!! Really? You have got to be kidding me. This isn't the first time that's happened, and all they can say is that *I* must have typed it in wrong. No, I typed TWENTY. Two-zero-period. And it added more zeros. Sheesh. Time for a standalone site. I'm tired of that kind of silliness.

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment