Sunday, June 15, 2014

A do nothing much kind of day

Yesterday ended up being very long. Twenty hours long as a matter of fact, before I got to bed. Work was supposed to be only a "short kill," and therefore only about 5-6 hours long of work. Nope, ended up being 3AM before we clocked out again, and then to save a bit of energy today, while still able to motivate myself, I went to Wal-Mart after work to get a few groceries. Got home, unloaded, ate real quick, put things away and hit the hay around 6AM. I was so overtired, I was out cold in minutes. Of course, Quentin was up and moving at about 10AM and expected ME to get up then, too. I said, "It's pouring buckets, it's supposed to quit by lunchtime, I'm sleeping till noon." Then I spent the next two hours trying to rest because bright boy kept talking. I finally gave up and got moving so I could go do laundry. Being Father's Day here in the US, I'd told him I would go by myself to do it so that he could do whatever all day.

He chose to do a bunch of small chores while I was gone, and then griped when I got home about how he hadn't gotten anything "fun" done yet. Yeah, this is not a good day. I'm still wiped out, because once laundry was indoors, I simply couldn't function any longer and lay down for a nap. I was only going to rest for about 90 minutes. It turned out to be 3 1/2 hours. I JUST got up. So now I need to eat (heating that up right now, meatloaf and mashed taters, yum) and find us all some good books! (I'm not that upset over him talking like he did, really ... I'm just cranky from not getting enough deep sleep, and he KNOWS that leaves me grouchy. I'm like a toddler in that respect, lol!)

But I did do a quick check on the seedling flats on the way in the house once I got home, and I am going to have to get VERY busy putting together tire beds the next several days as much as possible. All six of the replanted cucumbers came up, at least one more gourd, several varied squash ... whew! Now if the replanted tomatoes and peppers and such come up too, I'll be doing good. Once things are shifted into beds, I'll also be finally able to plant some other things, like radishes and bunching onions and some extra lettuce and swiss chard (which I've never had but what the heck) and other really fast-growing stuff in with the tomatoes and peppers. More carrots as well. I'm also probably going to try and see if I can get the Three Sisters method to work for me with all the squash and gourds.

I have plenty of branches and fairly straight scrub trees I can cut down to use around here for staking up the vining stuff. I hope that putting a bit of indian corn (for fall decoration sales) and some green beans in with them, that I can get a good harvest in a very small space. Supposedly, the American Indians did it and it worked, so why not give it a whirl? I'm limited on space right now, but interplanting will save a lot of space, and a lot of time eventually weeding if I ever see one! So far, no weeds, which is a good thing because I hate weeding. Haha. So now dinner has just beeped at me, and I am going to eat and find us books. Hugs, all!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


Raising Backyard Chickens For Beginners: Simple Guide To Keeping Happy & Healthy Backyard Chickens (Complete Guide)
Growing Upside Down Tomato Plants: Learn How to Set Up a Topsy Turvy Planter (Vegetable Gardening)
Organic Pest Control for Everyone: Easy Homemade Insecticides and Traps (Organic Homesteading Series Book 1)
15 Fun Crochet Patterns

No comments:

Post a Comment