Thursday, June 19, 2014

Stuff is popping

Having taken a look at the flats this morning, a lot of stuff is popping up in the fast-sprouting stuff. I'm still waiting to see what happens with the tomatoes and peppers I replanted, but so far, replanting has taken off. So my garden will be late this year. Big deal. I'll just get a little shorter harvest than everybody else. NEXT year, I'll at least have one of those little portable greenhouse things to start stuff off in. (I do need to haul in the water jugs from yesterday - as usual, I'm doing everything around here because the hubby is in a big hurry to get to work three hours early.)

I am a bit disappointed in my one cherry tomato plant I moved into the old cooler planter. It's not been eaten or anything, but the bigger one decided yesterday to suddenly develop a pinched spot just above ground level and fell over. I had to prop it up with extra dirt. Hopefully, I can keep it going long enough for the newly buried extra stem to develop some roots for stability, and get it going good. I also need to find the seed packet for the white icicle radishes, because when I planted them the other day, there were a whole SEVEN seeds in there. Seven. The Watermelon radishes I planted had darn near a whole handful in there, which is going to mean a lot of thinning with a dibble in a couple of days, ditto on the extra lettuce ... I was short on time so I just broadcast them a bit in the beds. Worth it for a good harvest though. Just if I don't get satisfaction from the seed company (Burpee's, I think), I'll have to let the White Icicles bolt and go to seed instead of harvesting most of them for sale like intended.

The cooling mat for the laptop is working good. The computer is staying nice and cool, instead of getting really warm in this weather. Smudge seems to think the laptop is his, because he's always marking it with the scent glands on his face. "This belongs to you, and you belong to me, so this belongs to me," he seems to say. The heat really makes me sleepy and I want a nap before I pack for work today, but there's a lot to do before I can think about that, mostly involving putting more stuff up in the farm store for sale and junking more Kindle books that I really don't want anymore due to having read them. That is a bit time-consuming, since I have over 8000 of the electronic lovelies. Of course, nobody ever told ME that there was a limit to how many books I was allowed to have, and some of these are really good to the point that I'm putting the hardcopies on my wishlist.

But it's time to eat something and hunt down books for us all, so see you later! Hugs, all!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


Tomato Container Gardening Tips
Raising Chickens: Answers to the Most Common Questions About Chicken Care, Feeding and Egg Laying
The Perfect Compost Plan: Simple Guide To Making Healthy Compost
One-Day Crochet: Afghans: Easy Afghan Projects You Can Complete in One Day
(2 BOOK BUNDLE) "Knitting Stitches Handbook" & "Knitting Scarves For Beginners" (Learn How to Knit 5)
(3 BOOK BUNDLE) "Knitting Stitches Handbook" & "How to Knit Socks" & "Knitting Scarves For Beginners" (Learn How to Knit 7)
CAN IT! How To Can, Preserve, And Store Your Food In Jars

3 comments:

  1. Heather HEY!!!!! we got moved in the house and I started Misty Pines homestead so take a look over there,if you can't find it let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG - you guys finally got moved???? YAY for you guys!!!!

      Delete
    2. yeah hop over to Misty Pines Homestead I just started it and it picks up now and while we were here during the winter.We like of froze our butts off!

      Delete