Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Back to work

Which I don't mind at all. I got a lot done yesterday, which is great, but it was kind of weird, too. First shift got sent home early yesterday, and we didn't work, and first didn't work today, so it was a toss-up if we'd work today or not. We are, which is good, but we'll likely work Saturday as well. Hey, it'll mean a full paycheck that way anyhow.

I did get the tomatoes shifted round yesterday, so now they have plenty of room for their roots to grow. Now if everything else would just start popping really well because I really don't want to have to replant stuff. I need to get busy getting more tires and some of those dresser drawers and things moved to by the house so I can fill them up - hence the potential trip to Harrison that I mentioned yesterday. It's going to depend on how many books I find in a few minutes. As things start getting bigger, I'm going to need that space desperately. But once it's all done, it'll be just maintenance while I build a solar dehydrator and do a lot of cleaning up and wood cutting for outside chores until things are ripe and ready to store or sell. Yeah, I've got plans, and things are starting to roll.

Never mind the plethora of indoor stuff I have to get done, which I mentioned yesterday. That's a load of work there alone. I got a lot done though with a day off. Mostly writing, because it was pretty muggy, so I spent quite a few hours until sunset getting writing done on the current booklet. I can't really call these things full books, because the current one is the longest so far at about 100 pages. But booklet I can do. So there I was, sitting around writing all afternoon and early evening until the gloaming, then I hauled up compost from the pile by the bucketload and dumped into the tires. Plenty of good stuff in there for those tomatoes to grow in.

Anyhow, time for books and then a run to Harrison for stuff because I really do need to get more topsoil and a couple more mini-greenhouses. Hugs all!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


Raised Bed Gardening for Beginners: Simple Guide to Growing Beautiful Gardens!
Organic Pest Control: All-Natural Pest Solutions To Protect Your Garden! (100% Safe For Your Garden)
Organic Gardening Book Package: Organic Gardening: Your Guide to Growing Healthy Organic Produce & Seed Saving for the Organic Gardener
Survival Seeds: The Heirloom Seed Saving Handbook
Container & Companion Planting: 3 Book Bundle Vegetable Container Gardening; Tomato Container Gardening; The Vegetable Growers Guide To Companion Planting
Aquaponics: The Beginners Guide to Growing Vegetables and Raising Fish with Aquaponic Gardening (Sustainable Living & Homestead Survival Series)
Companion Planting: The Beginner's Guide to Companion Gardening (The Organic Gardening Series)

No comments:

Post a Comment