Saturday, June 7, 2014

Happy birthday to me

Yep, 46 today, and after the way this week's gone, I feel every moment of it. I ache in so many places that I'd forgotten I had places. I'd rather just sleep my birthday away, but I can't. We actually have to work today to make up for Monday, but the extra grow time has just made the birds freaking huge, and hard to handle. My left hand hurts pretty bad from all of that, whicih is not good with me being left-handed. Then again, there's always Cream of Old Age (aka Ben-Gay, which we keep on hand anyhow with all the aches and pains of homesteading), and thankfully, arm support wraps at work. They're basically just tubes of soft cotton and elastic, and I've got one here somewhere - I can cut a thumb slit in it and have it on today to help support my wrist. With any luck, I can avoid a trip to the nurse's station for an ice pack. And since I'm taking Monday off to "celebrate" my birthday holiday, I still get two days off, and one of them paid. Yay, I think.

But there's still stuff to do today before I head in. There's replanting to do if I can, maybe get something done on the bailer bucket. I'd like to - Quentin's been insisting that he'll "help" and do it for me, and ain't nothing getting done. Typical of projects around here that I want done. If it's important to me, it doesn't get done. I also want to check into some online accounting jobs. It's what my degree's in, and I really like and miss doing it. There's a few places I can put in my resume and one I will likely try to work on Monday, as it has a four-hour online assessment to do as part of the application process. So who knows what the future holds for me?

It's kind of like this poem Mom sent me the other day. It basically says I may be old, but this is the best time of my life. I am now at an age where I can basically do or say whatever suits my fancy, and nobody's going to say much, if anything, to me about it. And if they say it behind my back, that just goes to show how shallow they are. So while I may be "old" now, or according to my daughter, I'm "older" because I am older than Quentin. I'm going to enjoy the dickens out of it. So excuse me, I'm going to find some books for us all, and then I'm going to begin enjoying the early start of my "golden years." Hugs, all!

(Well, there go my outside plans unless it quits raining - again. Y'all should see the mountain road - it's a mess, lol. And the internet ... bummer ... man it's coming down hard.!)

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


How to Grow Delicious Vegetables In Your Backyard
Leg Warmers Knitting Pattern
Soap Making For Beginners: The Definitive Guide To Help Beginners Create Rejuvenating And Hydrating Soaps Like A PRO.
Best Chicken Breeds: 12 Types of Hens that Lay Lots of Eggs, Make Good Pets, and Fit in Small Yards (Booklet)
Tabletop Aquaponics -- for Homes, Schools, Churches, Clubs, and Science Fairs
How to Grow Tomatoes, Peppers, and Eggplant: Planting and Growing Organic Heirloom Tomatoes, Sweet Bell Peppers, Chili Peppers, and Gourmet Eggplant
Growing Culinary Herbs
Square Foot Gardening Mastery: A Step-by-Step Guide From the Patch to the Plate (Organic Vegetable Garden Plans and Ideas for Beginners and Intermediates)
(2 BOOK BUNDLE) "Learn How to Crochet Quick And Easy" & "Crochet Patterns For Beginners"
Slipper Boots For The Family - Easy Crochet Pattern
Beginner's Guide to Organic Vegetable Gardening: How to Start, Maintain, and Troubleshoot Your First Organic Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment