Sunday, June 29, 2014

In sickness and in health

I know you're supposed to share and share alike when you're married, but the last few days have been ridiculous. Quentin got stomach flu the other day, and of course, by Thursday night, I was starting to come down with it. I had to hope that it wouldn't be that bad, but of course, that didn't work out at all. I wasn't feeling super great Friday when I went to work, but I was determined to give it the effort. Not a chance. An hour into my shift, I started sicking up, and when I came back from the loo, my supervisor just looked at me and said she was finding someone to cover for me because I was going home. An hour later, I was on the way out the door. Dry heaves and hunching over my work station trying to stay upright wasn't exactly making an impression of being able to pull my weight! We were scheduled for work yesterday, but I called in - there was no way I was even going to try, considering I'd barely made it home Friday and into the house before collapsing, fully dressed, in bed - the only thing I got off was my shoes. I've spent pretty much every moment since in bed. I haven't been able to eat much, and anything greasy doesn't sit well at ALL. Fever, cold sweats, dry heaves, dizzy spells - you name it, I've had it the last couple of days, and I have to kick this so I can go back to work tomorrow. What fun. I'm pretty weak, but I think I can manage as long as I cram calories today of some kind. (Tried some broccoli beef, but the meat just about did me in.) So I'm back to bed for a bit and then up to eat, back to bed, up to eat, lol. It's going to not be very fun!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


Worm Composting & Woodworking Plans: 2 BOOK BUNDLE for Use in Organic Gardening of Growing Vegetables & Herbs
Homesteaders 'Quick Bites' Guidebook: Raising Chickens - My 5 Top Tips (K.I.S.S Quick Bites Book 4)
aPatio Planters: & Vertical Gardening - Designs & Wood Working Plans Volume 2 (Patio Planters: & Vertical Gardening - Designs & Wood Working Plans)
Beginner's Guide to Raised Bed Gardening: Grow your Own Salad Garden

1 comment:

  1. Heather look for 13 home remedies for stomach virus/flu found a some good ones.

    ReplyDelete