Friday, June 13, 2014

Not getting much done today

Well, folks, my plans for today and tomorrow have got to be swapped out. Not that I want them to be, as I really wanted to get down to Meeks, get a bunch of topsoil, haul it home and do some gardening before work. Tomorrow was going to be jewelry-making and other things here at the house. But things have to swap around because of things at work.

My current lead, Calvin, has opted to stop being the lead and go to maintenance instead. He'll like it better, I think, but it leaves me in a quandry. Breast line will be without a permanent lead. I have been encouraged to put in for the position, despite having more points than desired for a lead right now. There's a good reason. I've got over a year in this time round, more time than anyone else on breast line. Let's see, we have two complete new hires who just started this week, two people still on probation, one just off probation, and one gal who has barely enough time in but doesn't speak very good English (and is shorter than I am, so she'd have trouble flipping boobs on two of our three lines) ... of the current crop of folks on breast line, where we are short 2-3 people for a full crew, I am IT. I am the one with the most experience, who can do all the positions as needed, and who is, essentially, being encouraged to put in for it. My supervisor actually told me last night, "You never know, you might get it." So basically, it all depends on who else, if anybody, puts in for it and whether or not they have seniority equal to or better than me.

This means that today's plans get swapped, because even though the plant only opened the job up for bidding yesterday, they are closing it Monday, so I have to get paperwork, fill it out and get it turned in ASAP. And since personnel isn't open on the weekends, I have to leave a bit early today so I can get there and go in that end of the building to get the paperwork and get started fillilng it out. Mind, I'll still get some stuff done around here before I leave, like setting up more beds and such, but filling them is going to have to wait until tomorrow. So I'm outta here to find us some books  Hugs, all!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


How to Knit Socks: Quick and Easy (Learn How to Knit Book 1)
Worm Composting - Woodworking Plans & Worm Bin Ideas for Use in Organic Gardening
CONTAINER GARDENING: IDEAS & WOODWORKING PLANS HOW TO PRODUCE MORE ORGANIC VEGETABLES IN LESS SPACE
How To Compost, Composting Guide With F.A.Q. includes Vermicomposting & Bokashi Compost: Composting Made Easy, Step By Step
Fruit & Vegetable Growing - Two Book Bundle: An Introduction To Growing Organic Vegetables And Fruit Berries
Beginners Handbook of Knitting Stitches: Learn How to Knit Great New Stitches
Growing Organic Tomatoes: Your Seeds to Sauce Guide to Growing, Canning, & Preserving Your Own Tomatoes (Organic Gardening Beginners Planting Guides)
Composting In a Nutshell

No comments:

Post a Comment