Saturday, March 21, 2015

Another workday

Because we got scheduled for today for some reason. Either the birds are growing out too fast, which I have heard, or we are killing for another plant that is having issues, which I have also heard. No matter what, working a weekend is not all it is cracked up to be. When I first started at the plant six years ago, I lived closer to work in short order (four blocks away), I was single and I did not have much of anything to do on the weekends, so volunteering for overtime in another department just to get out of the house was fine. Being forced into it these days is not fine, and is, in fact, a pain in the tuckus.

I did get a bit of needlework done yesterday and a bit done on our taxes, and called that work instead of adding things to the webstore, which I would have rather done, but the tax return has to be done. Now if I could just wake up good today. Normal Saturdays, we sleep in a bit longer and that is exactly what my body wants. I am going to be so exhausted again tomorrow and most of next week. I am getting just far too old to be working this hard at something that I do not completely enjoy. If you are going to work, folks, make it something you like, not something that is expedient. I remember many years working a full Saturday during tax season and enjoying the heck out of it. Chicken, not so much.

Time to pull together for round six this week of that frozen hellhole. Today is a day I envy my daughter. She is in college for what she loves, and she has a part-time job doing what she loves. I need a nap before I have to pull together, so time to rush throug things so I can hopefully grab a quick snooze. Hugs and love, all.

(I really want to get back to the business of homesteading, and this job is not it ... ugh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment