Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Car is up!!!

I went down with hubby first thing this morning to see if the car could be gotten up the road. The road crew came through yesterday with a grader and literally scraped the road clear down to the clay base, which made it a bit of a mess, but a lot less of a mess than the soupy mud on top that was so slippery. It is still somewhat slick with the clay, but driveable. Now if the predicted rain is not too bad, I will still be able to get up and down from now on. Winter is officially over here in this little part of the Ozarks, because I got up the road in the car instead of having to walk. It is supposed to rain more Thursday and Friday, so those nights getting up the road might be a bit dicey, but I think I can make it. Mom had sent down the last of my books and they arrived early last week, twelve priority mail boxes worth, and they are all in the back seat of the car. As the car is front-wheel drive, this leaves little to no weight on the rear tires. Those boxes of books are staying in the back until the road dries out a bit more for traction weight in the rear.

Last night was not too bad for work, other than having to go in. Apparently, my phone calls to corporate made a difference, as they were forwarded to my plant so folks there could pull me off the line and into HR to explain what had been happening. I do not totally accept the explanation of last Wednesday that every single person I needed to talk to about whether or not we were going to work and why work was not being cancelled with all the weather were ALL in a "required quarterly meeting." I  can see it, but at the same time, I can not, because someone should have been left to answer the phones or allowed to say, "Those people are all in a meeting right now to discuss the situation." Would that really have been too much  to ask? We also discussed Saturday, and I pointed out that they wasted their best asset, the employees that they so often say are "valued and valuable team members." If they had had a short meeting after lunch break to tell us what was going on, and asked the folks who wanted to leave if they would stay to help everybody get out sooner, I know my coworkers. Ninety percent of those who left after break would have stayed, and we would have been out of there at least ninety minutes earlier than we were. Yeah, it is definitely time to get other things rolling. I am getting too old for ten- and twelve-hour shifts on my feet anymore. My favorite activity anymore involves something where I can sit. Or kneel, like in the garden.

The weather is warming up nicely today, with the highs around 60F. I took a light jacket with me to get the car, but did not need it. I actually had to roll the car window down because it was so warm. Kittens are all moving around. Tink's litter is extremely active with running around and playing. They also tend to pass out to sleep rather quickly, with their current favorite choice of sleeping spot being a kitten cuddle on the foot of the bed. Raffle's litter are two weeks old, eyes and ears are open and they are starting to crawl. No names on them yet, though Junior is now Fuzzy because of his fluffy coat, and the Bouncer lookalike that Raffles had is now Junior. That is the only one I know for sure on gender. The rest are rather squirmy and Raffles somewhat spooked as a mother for me to have a chance to sex them yet. So there are five question marks, though one I think is a female as it looks much like Raffles, and I will likely name that one Cocoa. The one that looks much like Trouble is liable to be named Oreo. That still leaves three more needing names, however. Ack!

So here it is, warm weather, and hubby is still saying, well, it will be cold tonight, we need to leave the heaters on and the windows closed even now while it is sixty degrees out. Hate to tell him, but once he is gone to work, while I am still here, the windows are getting opened and the heaters turned off. It does not need to be ninety degrees in the house. That is just insane. And he had better be willing to turn heaters off and open windows, and LEAVE them open, this summer, unlike last summer, or there will be a discussion, believe you me.

But because we got off work at a reasonable hour last night, 2AM instead of 3AM, I was home in time to get some work done towards the store and a bit of crocheting on the MAM. Mom's lap quilt is put aside until the weekend, when I will have more time to work on finishing the edge, as it needs tiny whipstitches to close the seam. During the week, I am just a bit to eyesore from work to deal with work that small and close, even with my lighted magnifier. For me, it will be pop a movie into the computer's external DVD player and watch/listen to that while I stitch like crazy. It is an extremely late Christmas present for last year at this rate, or even more so early for this year, haha. So it is time for me to pull together and head my sore-footed body to work once more. I just hope it is a good day, goes quickly and that I get home safely. Hugs and love, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment