Monday, March 30, 2015

Not feeling the love today

Last week was such a nightmare at work that I am heading for a bad fibro flare now. I hurt so bad I can barely move. Hubby is mad at me for feeling bad, which does not help. Only three weeks and a few days left until I can start using vacation days again, though, so that makes me feel a bit better. Loads done this weekend at an easy pace helps me feel some better, too. It is nice that I can open windows and let in fresh air and sunshine again. Winter always gets me so down.

It is warm out and some days, I really wish I was still on first shift, as I seemed to get so much more done then. However, the extra money from second does help. Though I have mentioned it all to hubby, and if I do not end up on the line in a couple of months, but do keep working points down to where I could get a job as a lead over the Class 1s, it would pay almost as much as the lines. Plus if it opened up on first shift, that would be awesome. I would still make about what I do now, but I would have more daylight during warmer weather to do all the things I want and need to get done.

Seriously considering buying plain land and putting a RV on it, and going off-grid that way. A house is expensive, even if it is a used trailer. RVs are tiny house living like we need, already put together, no extra floors or anything. There is an older couple not too far from us that did this, and I like what they did. Parked the RV, though they put in a RV hookup for power, and had a carport built over the RV. The carpot provides a small storage shed at the back, behind the RV, and is wide enough to allow for a nice covered deck with handicapped ramp next to the RV. I like the setup and I could go for that. RVs have loads of hidden places to put things, you live minimalist, which I tend to do anyhow, and with a storage shed for my books and craft stuff I am not currently using, and for tools and such, there would be plenty of space in the RV to live and be comfortable. As well, they are easy to take off-grid, because they use less power overall than a normal house. I have so many possibilities for ideas on how to live better and smaller once things work out a bit better. I have a whole notebook full of ideas and drawings!

Time to get some other things done while hubby is cussing out his hair bands for his ponytail, so he can head in to work. It is nice enough that I moved out to the living room for the day so I do not have to worry about his temper over his hair bothering me. (Do not tell me he should just cut it then. He claims to be part Cherokee, though I have seen nothing to this effect, and will not cut his hair because he is "honoring his heritage." I do not mind honoring one's heritage, but prove the heritage and lose the temper while you are at it.) Hugs and love all!

No comments:

Post a Comment