Thursday, March 19, 2015

Have to hurry today

We have to get going extra early today, as we need to run to Harrison to the auto parts store and pick up a fuel pump for the truck, so we can eventally get it back. I am exhausted and my neck is out of whack. I really need a day off, but we are having to work this Saturday, then I need to keep points down until at least next weekend, because the TV people are coming out to replace hubby's outdated equipment for his TV watching festivities. If they take too long getting it all done next weekend, I will have to take at least half a point to stay here while they finish up, IF we work next Saturday as well.

On the good news end, despite all the rain we had the night before and yesterday, I got the car up the mountain road to Cliff's place and the little layby there, so our walking was minimized to about half what it would have been otherwise. There was no way I was trying to get up that second incline up. Going down yesterday was bad enough on it. The clay was so slippy that the car went sideways despite me steering into the slide. I almost ended up in the ditch, and that would not have been fun. So, while I was able to get to Cliff's to park last night instead of having to park at the cow pasture, there is still a tiny bit of walking to do. Thank goodness for ice cleats, or yak tracks, or whatever you want to call them.

Now if my neck would just quit aching from vertebrae being out of whack. All I have to do is turn my head and CRUNCH. The muscles are sore. Apparently, I got things messed up while sleeping and they were like this most of the night, so things are pretty tense and achy. It will pass now that I am up, but in the meantime, ow. I am getting some needlework done at work while having to go in early and wait for things to get started. I also am getting work done on our taxes. I do not mind doing taxes, I do mind doing my Schedule C, and sadly, I am as bad about that as many of Mom's tax clients over the years. However, I do have a program for dealing with bookkeeping for the business, so I just have to input the year's expenses and go from there. The program is actually meant for other things but it has an accounting funtion in it as well, so I can keep some kind of track of things, which helps a lot.

It is difficult to get writing done right now, with having to ride with hubby again for a bit, as he likes to talk while I am trying to write, and my thoughts are jumbled enough. I will be glad when he gets his truck back so I can have a bit of time that is peaceful, quiet, and alone to write! I love him dearly, but I do like my little bit of quiet alone time. I will be glad in the next few weeks when things start warming up much more, things are greening up, and towards the end of next month, I hit my anniversary and get my vacation time! A day once a month, paid time off, to relax and enjoy myself without anyone home but me and the cats. It is a forerunner of my days once the business is really going well, and I intend to enjoy them! I could tak a whole week off at once, but I prefer to spread it out a bit so I can drag out the enjoyment.

So anyhow, time to start hauling my butt together for work. One more day down after today, one day closer to my goals. (Only problem with things as they are right now, I have no time to work on the store, which is not a happy thing!!) Hugs and love, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment