Sunday, March 1, 2015

Backwards weekend but all is done

Shower water is on and nearly ready, my work is done for the most part, laundry is done and ready to put away, the few groceries we got are put up, and I'm whipped. It's been a rough weekend, and I just do not know if I can handle another week of wintery weather that we are supposed to get hammered with. More comiing later this week, too, from what is hitting the Rockies now. We have really had only a couple of weeks of winter, and I am hating every minute of it.

Had to walk down to the truck to get to town and do what we had to do today, so my take-along needlework had to be small and easily portable. Thus, I grabbed a set of stamped cross-stitch baby bibs I am messing with as it tucked nicely into my purse. Kept me busy at the laundromat, which was nice, and meant I did not get bored stupid. Fortunately, as we reached the truck, the grader/plow came through and we flagged him down to warn him that the slopes were slippy. He said, "Thank you for the warning," grins and finishes with, "I got chaiiiiins!" He stopped a bit past the cow pasture and hopped out to put on chains on his big equipment, so he could be safe. I had thought to mention the slippery spots to him because I saw 4x4 tracks on the walk down that were going all over in a few spots. We were lucky when we got home. It was getting dark, but one of our neighbors with a midsize 4x4 pickup  was heading up, and so we put hubby, the toboggan and our stuff in the back and I rode in the cab; we got a safe, quick ride home that way. Mountain folks make good neighbors. We do our part, too. If the bottom of the road is too piled with snow or ice, we break it loose out of the way and put down salt, and if they grade and leave tire-killing rocks in the road, we clear them out so folks do not get flat tires.

My Mom does a lot of stamped crib blankets and bibs and sent me photos of a few of hers, which I hope to get uploaded to the webstore tonight if I can stay awake long enough. They are extremely nice. She does some gorgeous stitchery.

No comments:

Post a Comment