Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Still recuperating

I am okay with the time change for DST, but not when I have to work through it like I did. I am still exhausted from that. Work yesterday was a pain, since one line on boobs is still broken after it went down Saturday, and the supervisor is all about how everybody has to work as hard as possible to keep as much as we can out of overflow totes. Sorry, buddy, but you are at least a decade younger than I am, and I will be 47 this summer. I do not push that hard for anybody but myself anymore. I am too old and cranky for that kind of thing.

I did get a bit towards potential overtime this week from last night, which is good, and even got a bit done towards products to add to the store once I have all the stuff from this company together that I want to do. I did not get any needlework done, which is a bummer, but I know that once the store is up and running well, I will have plenty of time to sew, embroider, knit, crochet, write, craft and just generally have a good time doing the kinds of things I enjoy, rather than having to bust tail for someone else for peanuts. Naturally, I will still have to do household and homestead chores, but those are easy compared to what I deal with at the plant, and loads more fun. Seriously, how much fun is a J.O.B. (Just Over Broke) compared to getting out in the sunshine and fresh air in your garden? Which is more fun, indoors or outdoors? Personally, I pick outdoors. Even cutting firewood or gathering up junk to burn or scrap metal is way more fun than working for someone else.

So, it is time to get my butt in gear for what chores I have to get done before I head to work, and then go mess with chicken again. Hubby and I have already discussed what we will do once the webstore is running well. I will stay home, do things around here, and run the store. He will keep his job at the plant for the insurance (terrific insurance and cheap at that) and for some "play money" for his own stuff as well as the big bills (house payment, his silly TV, on-grid bills until the solar array is up and running, vehicle and house insurance, etc.). Neither of us really likes the plant much anymore after Saturday, but the insurance is difficult to beat. Anyhow, hugs and love, all ... I am outta here!

No comments:

Post a Comment