Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Sunny and wishing I could stay home

Just because it is so sunny and beautiful outside. I would love to get out and clear any last things out of the garden to prep for this year, and get some more wood cut and all the things that really need doing. But duty calls for now, in the form of work. There is rumor we will be working this Saturday again for no good reason, and that is not thrilling, but it is life when you have a real job. Some day ...

Work was pretty easy last night, though, and we got out a little bit early so we did not get our eight hours, but it was considerably earlier than we have been getting out, so no complaints there. As long as I have enough to pay the bills and put a tiny bit back, I am happy. Windows are open for fresh air again, as long as hubby will let them be. He has this thing about closing all the windows when we are gone "just in case" it rains even when there is no forecast for it. That drives me nuts some days.

I am also mourning slightly as the high school guidance counselor I had, and who my daughter had, died Sunday from cancer. Mrs. G. was pretty cool overall, and she will be missed. Chores for the day are done, so I can get busy on preparing for another lovely day messing with chicken. Have a good one, folks! Hugs and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment