Monday, March 16, 2015

Happy Monday

Yeah, sure. Monday generally blows. But it is one more day towards my goals, which is good. I am just not in an upwardly mobile mood today. I wil walk down to the car today to get to work, because I do not feel like riding with hubby. I have some depression going, and it is not fun. I do not even know what started it late last night. There is a part of me that says I should feel more "up" than I do, but I know from experience that for me, the best solution is to just keep on keeping on, and, as a friend of a friend said last night, I have to take pleasure in the little things, like a cat's purr (and with fourteen of them, eleven of which are starting to find their purrs), that spring is here and things will be greening up, etc., to help get through this.

I am a bit pleased. I did not come anywhere near my goal for the store yesterday, but I got further than I likely would have without the huge challenge, and I got the photo sharer for FB shares working for the most part, so that is a big plus as well. Add in that the kittens are starting to learn to use the litter box, and I watched a movie last night while working on Mom's lap quilt, getting another side stitched shut. That leaves two more to go. It is going to be a long haul to get it finished, I think, because I have to use the lighted magnifier and do all those tiny stitches to whipstitch it shut and that cramps my hands up. So things are progressing, but so slowly that it is difficult to see any progress. I think what I need to do is take a step back and look at where I am compared to last year at this time and stop telling myself that I should have done this ages ago and the like. Yes, I would be much further ahead if I had, but I did not and am not, so I just have to keep moving forward from here.

But it is time to get myself moving for work again, which is not going to be easy or fun. It never really is, and with tenonitis, it makes it even less fun. So here goes for the fun of work. Hugs and love, all, and thanks for all your support and kind thoughts and all the words of encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment