Sunday, March 8, 2015

Okay, it was awful

We didn't have enough trucks to run as long as we did, so working till DAWN was ridiculous. By the time clock, it was 5AM when we got done. As the clocks don't switch automatically at DST, it was actually 6AM. So by the time I got home and to bed, it was 7AM. I was so tired, I couldn't even eat; I simply passed out. I'm surprised I made it home in one piece. And, after our meal break at 845PM, we didn't get another half-hour break the rest of the night. Yeah, we worked EIGHT HOURS SOLID without getting a rest period. Last time something like this happened, the GPM got fired and half the plant quit. If I'd had a point to spare yesterday, I would have called in and not felt the least bit bad about it. I ended up so exhausted that I just got up. Yeah, ten HOURS solid sleeping, plus eight hours with no meal break at work makes for EIGHTEEN HOURS without solid food. I have a headache the size of the Rock of Gibraltar and my feet are still killing me. If not for the best insurance and pay rates around, I'd find another job and quit. Like I told people last night, including my supervisor, it's stupid BS like this that is causing me to work on my own business. If I'm going to work that hard and deal with that much BS, I would handle it better on my own. At least then I could stop for a break or a short nap when I'm completely wiped. As it was, I had to hit up the gas station in town for some orange juice to drink to bring my blood sugar up a bit before heading home. That was NOT fun, and we get to go back to work tomorrow.

Hubby was so wired, he couldn't sleep right off, so he loaded up the laundry and the water cistern, and let me sleep. He did laundry, filled the portable cistern, and got it all home before he passed out. Shower water is heating up and likey about all I will be able to get him up for will BE his shower later on. I'm doing what I can manage, eating a little bit, trying to rid myself of the headache, and doing what I can on the store and such, before I get my shower and pass out again till morning. Right now, I am so sick of that place that I could scream, and management all acts like the money makes it all worth it. Gee, they do not haul butt nearly as hard as we do on the line, mostly walking around making sure everybody is working, so a twelve-hour shift is nothing to them. Lazy bums, and they get well-paid for it. If I weren't already working on the store, this would be a major wake-up call. They do not care about me, so why should I care about them?

No comments:

Post a Comment