Friday, March 6, 2015

Sadness abounds

My Mom texted me this morning and woke me up. It was kind of important. My great-Uncle, Don, died this morning. He was known in the family as The Doughnut King, because many years ago, he had run (helped run? owned? I know he worked there.) a Dawn Donuts shop, usually called "Don's Donuts" by many. He was a tall man with a deep, gravelly voice that rumbled through you, right to the bones. He was smart, a loving husband and father. Of the four children my great-grandmother raised through the Depression, the only one left now is my great-Aunt Janet. He had apparently been ill for a while, but I know he will be missed. My Uncle Jim was particularly close to Uncle Don, so this will hit him hard. I got done texting with Mom, and cried myself back to sleep. It's a sad day for my family.

On brighter news, Tink will be going back outside this weekend, and I will probably put Raffles back out with her once her kittens are weaned. Tink's babies are eating and drinking regular food, but I do wish they would learn to use the litter box! I am a little tired of clearing up kitten poop, haha!!! Smudge is petrified of a lot of things, and her especially, because she has a bad habit of attacking him for no reason at all. That is not acceptable behavior. I think I will try to find her a new home, one where she can be an only cat. If not, I think Raffles would be happier outside with her, so they can keep each other company, not that Smudge minds Raffles, since she tends to hide all the time anyhow.

I have been getting a bit of needlework done, but little to nothing on the store. That is mainly because of all the walking down to the truck to go to work and then back up at night to get home. It kind of eats up time when it takes about an hour up and 40 minutes down to where I have no time to do anything. This is not good, because I need that time to load up the photos on photobucket of stuff Mom did that I said I would help her sell through some of my Facebook groups, and time to work on my store (getting photos and such from suppliers, writing, etc.). Spending over an hour and a half walking not only chews up work on the store time, but is also rather exhausting. But here it is time to work on getting ready for work. Yay me.

No comments:

Post a Comment