Monday, August 4, 2014

Another day, another buck-fifty.

Hey, it's inflation, okay? Things are progressing in tiny bits, though not nearly as much as I would like. Then again, I'm a Gemini, and have usually got more energy than everybody else (except at work, where I conserve it so I can get through the day), so getting a LOT done is my big thing. I did get laundry put up yesterday so that's taken care of (it's been so hot, we've mostly been living out of the baskets), and dishes got caught up, and I talked to Mom, and there's a lot going on up there.

I miss home some days. I love my home town, but I know from what Mom and others have said over the last few years that it's changed so much, and not for the better due to the economy. Too bad Tyson's hasn't got a plant up there ... I'd transfer there, move back home to help take care of Mom and spend more time with my family, and they'd never have a shortage of applicants, because the county is still the birthplace of GM, and everybody still has the factory mindset. But they don't.

Course, they don't have on in Florida, either, and I've got a good friend there who desperately needs a good job as well, and is having trouble getting one with all the applicants. I'm blessed that I have my job, and like it plenty most days (with any job, there are days that just go "meh" or "dear God, is it OVER yet?" but most of them just flow on by and it's okay) ... and I've a pretty good life here. So no major complaints. Can't wait to see what the day brings.

I do have a couple errands to run on the way to work. Gotta head down to Wally World and get a money order for the We Owe Them's (aka the IRS for our monthly payment on our income taxes - we much prefer paying them a bit each year instead of letting them have use of our money all year and "refunding" it to us while they keep all the interest). I'll probably stop at Arby's or Pizza Hut, two of the only three fast food places I can actually eat, the other being Subway. So it's time for book hunting so I can leave shortly after Quentin does and get things done before work. Yay, my day has begun. Though I'll still be glad when things work out that I don't have to have a "work week," lol. Hugs, all!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


No comments:

Post a Comment