Tuesday, August 19, 2014

I want an easy day today

No problems, no issues, no nothing but maybe a nap before work, lol. The weather's just nice enough for it, and we're supposed to get rain later. Any more, I think my body says the heck with it when rain is headed in and wants to nap. If not for the short hours (so I need every one I can get) and trying to get my points down quite a bit, I'd call in and sleep the day away. Plus in order to have any chance at a rural home mortgage, I have to bring my credit score up a bit, have my job for two years (kind of hard to do that if I blow it on attendance), and a few other things. However, if it works out, in the spring, I might be able to have a no-downpayment loan. Of course, it's also contingent on getting some bills paid off so I don't have to nickel and dime them any more. But knowing that the RHA thing is no downpayment for first-time homebuyers, that helps a lot ... I can still sock some money away, but I don't have to sock back money for a downpayment.

But there is so much to do for the homesteading activities. My white icicle radishes have finally bolted, all two of them. So I need to see what my seed saver book says about that, so I can have lots (hopefully) of that seed for later. The crocheted afghan is coming along nicely, and as I hate spending hours assembling when it's done, it's going  together as I go. Saves a lot of headache to sew in a block as soon as it's done or reasonably soon after, rather than waiting till the end. That's the part I hate the most about making an assembled afghan, is the sewing!

There's a ton of stuff to put up on Etsy, writing to do (still cranking out my page a day routine and if a book is finished, up it goes to the KDP page for publishing), and converting books to PDF so I can trasfer them between computers or print them off much easier. That's a long term project, with over 12,000 ebooks to go through, haha! Never mind doing more ordering of books on Amazon for homestead reference books, and seeds to put away for next year or whenever I actually get a place where I can have a real garden of what a friend's five-year-old calls "a bigly size." You ask little Damien how big his Mom's garden is and that's his answer. "It's a bigly size."  Little ones are so cute. I kind of miss when my kids were that little, but then again, knowing that they've grown up into the wonderful young people they are, responsible young people to take over the world, I'll be happy looking back on the fond memories they've given me.

Hugs and love, all ... I need to feed Tinkerbell and Raffles, get my own lunch, do some paying-type work, and maybe see about a nap. And while I did a special post just for her, a very Happy Birthday to my great-Aunt Janet, who is 94 today. Who gives everybody I know and love permission to get so old so fast? Hahaa. Hugs and love, all ... time for me to find food!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


No comments:

Post a Comment