Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Joys and progress

This is short today, probably one of my shorter daily missives, because there's a lot to do to catch up from yesterday's IRS debacle. Joys are that I had to sign my first point sheet in months last night, to let me know where my points stand. I was getting a little concerned, because you're supposed to sign one every time you take a point, but even with the days I took off while sick with stomach flu, both before and during relapses after I took my vacation days to finish getting as well as I could ... I could have sworn I had a lot more points against me than I do. My old supervisor was a dear. She never put those against me, and counted them all as one big sick episode, so instead of 12.5 points against me (and you only get 13.5 to use), I only have 8.5. This is great news. If not for my arthritis in my hands, I could actually get away with going back on the cone lines, which is a lot more money than I make now ($1.50 an hour more ... I may do it anyhow, just to see if I can. Used to be really darn good at it.).

The progress is the girls. While Tinkerbell still backs off and hisses at me when I scritch her between the ears, Raffles will let me pet her all the way from ears to shoulders without backing off or tensing up. She's so busy eating, she doesn't realize she's getting petted for a minute, then she just flicks an ear at me and goes right on chowing down. I get the feeling that once she's a fixed, indoor kitty, I'll have another lapcat, lol. Tinkerbell on the other hand ... she did let me pet her a bit more today, and I did scritch her several times today, but she still pulls away and hisses at me. Someone has abused that girl in the past to where she doesn't much trust humans, but she's beginning to trust me. The last time I petted her today, she let me pet her for several seconds before backing off. She's never swatted at me, just hissed, as in "I'm not really comfortable with this, sister." I think once they're fixed, and I've got them indoors, they'll settle in nicely. Tink is big enough that if Bouncer tries anything, she will smack him and teach him manners. Raffles isn't huge, but she's big enough that he won't be able to do her a lot of harm, and she'll stand up to him as well. Smudge, I'm not worried about. He's a fraidy-cat anyhow. So my day today is starting off a little better than yesterday. Yay!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


No comments:

Post a Comment