Sunday, August 10, 2014

Thank you to everyone

For all your understanding and kind words and thoughts and prayers and just everything. I keep reading the little bits to hubby and he's crying, because he can't believe people he doesn't know and has never met are so nice. I keep telling him that I don't hang with people who are moronic boobs with no heart or empathy. He's finally realizing I really mean it.

Still no change in Grandma ... it's really hard on everyone to see her lingering, just passing by inches. You know it's just a matter of time, and you wish she'd stay a little longer while at the same time, you wish she'd hurry up and "go home" so everyone can get on with grieving. And either way, you feel horribly guilty about it, because you feel like you are either causing her more suffering or wishing her dead sooner. It isn't fun to lose a loved one, and I don't even want to imagine what it will be like for me with my Mom when she goes in 20 or 30 years.

This should be a reminder to us all - treasure every single moment you have with loved ones, because you never know when it will be your last one with them. It gives me even more pleasure to have even just the phone calls with Mom, and emailing her things I find once in a while that are interesting or funny, because it gives me a bit of time with her that I otherwise couldn't have from four states away. I treasure those moments so much, with this happening.

Hey, speaking of my Mom, remember that afghan I made her for Christmas and finally got to her in the spring? She loved it a lot, and with the crazy weather they've had, and her age (66, so she gets chilled easily even in hot weather), she is really enjoying the use of it. Just pull it up and poof, she can take a nap in her chair and be comfortable. I did have a funny though. I called her the other day to update her on hubby's Grandma. Now, my Mom does a LOT of stamped embroidery. Has for years, but with life, she had to put it aside for the most part with her business and all. Now that she's retired, she's taken it back up.

So she's been ordering these baby quilt kits from Mary Maxim and Herrschnerr's and they are complete quilts, other than having to do the embroidery. She got one the other day from one of them that she was telling me about, that she wants to make for one of her friends for a (hopefully) Christmas present. And she's telling me how she thought it was the whole quilt, but it turns out it's just the top, and it's this big, and looks like this and yadda yadda yadda ... and I had to laugh inside. It's the same one I'm working on for her for Christmas! And I can't tell her that she's making the same thing for her friend that I'm making for her, hahahahaha!!!!

Time for books, so till tomorrow y'all. Hugs, love and loads of thanks and blessings!!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


No comments:

Post a Comment