Sunday, August 31, 2014

It's an achy kind of day

Thank goodness it's a holiday weekend, and I still have tomorrow off. I have suddenly come down with a bit of a late summer cold, and my head aches and my sinuses are all stuffy. Ouch. I'll be okay in a day or so, but in the meantime, I'm glad I don't have to be around noisy machinery at the plant. I'd be even happier if I didn't have to work there any more, and was just working from home, but that's slowly coming along, a little at a time. Mostly, I'm just glad I have time to rest and get rid of this stupid headache.

Progress with the girls ... when I fed them this morning, both let me scritch ears and pet all the way down their backs for a few moments. Raffles could care less about it; she likes the petting but she's more interested in the food. Tinkerbell will tolerate the petting to a point before she pulls away a bit and hisses to let me know to leave her alone. Though I do think it's funny that they both now sit on the stairs or the deck and wait for me to bring out goodies. I'm completely owned by four furry little purring buddies, and I don't care that I'm their slave, lol.

I did get the optical drive set up last night as those of you who saw the photos on my Facebook page know. Quentin's Grammy isn't looking so good, but at 95, who does? It also meant that I could take a quick look at my Mother Earth News discs that I bought as the collection a few months back, and that was interesting. I can get a lot of information out of all that stuff. The archive spans 1970 through 2013, so I'll bet there's plenty to read and learn from the articles in there. Forty-three years worth of reading and learning! Plus the heirloom vegetable disc archives, so even more goodies.

Other projects are coming along a little at a time in nice fashion, so that's good, too. Every little bit of progress on things here make the homestead more comfortable, more practical, and further on towards goals being reaches. They may be lofty goals, but they'll be met eventually. I may be ready to retire by the time some of them are done, but each step is progress.

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST




No comments:

Post a Comment