Sunday, August 24, 2014

Lonely day

He left early this morning for the drive up, and called as soon as he got to the meeting spot. He's safely up north right now, as he called a bit ago to let me know he was ok and where he was. I still miss him. We may have our spats and squabbles and such, but even when we're mad, we're rarely out of touch for more  than an hour. Friends think we're a bit mad for each other, living in one another's pockets as we do, but for nearly 4 1/2 years, since we first met, it's how we've been. And right now, he's four hours away and basically concentrating on family, and it's okay, but I miss him. I could have gone, but I'm an awful copilot. I snooze like a baby when I'm the passenger, and so I opted to stay home and get stuff done.

So what am I doing? Spending most of the time cuddling his pillow and sniffling. I'm pathetic, lol. He better do as he promised and come back safe and sound, or I'll have to do something drastic to him, lol. Today will be a nice day, in spite of temps. Probably going to take water jugs with me to fill them in a while after I get dishes done, and get some Sunday dinner somewhere like Pizza Hut or the nice Mexican restaurant I can eat at (La Granja, Spanish for "The Barn") ... they have good food that hubby has trouble with right now due to his teeth, so we don't go there often. I do love their salsa, though.




KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


No comments:

Post a Comment