Sunday, August 3, 2014

Tired

The heat's dragging me down. How about you guys? Getting to you, too? Just remember, there's only a few short months left before we get the white stuff, and we'll be griping about the cold. Especially me - looks like radiant heat again because someone who makes way more than me spends all his extra money on tricking out the truck instead of getting the things needed for propane heater and such this winter ... yep, gonna be chilly again! But I've made it before, I'll manage again. I swear that no more than the winter after this is going to be the LAST winter I spend freezing my butt off. Either there will be heat here, or I will be moved.

There's so many little things to do, though. Stuff like ...

Quentin needs to rake out his parking spot, which he's been promising to do for two months now. I'd like to occasionally get out on my own on a weekend, and can't without him moving the truck and expecting me to let him drive me wherever so we can "spend time together," never mind that I have specifically said I want some alone time. After more than four years, he still has this idea that married couples are supposed to live in each other's pockets, and I have no idea how to disabuse him of that other than harsh measures.
Weed-whacking, which Quentin needs to do, because I have done it the last few times and it just about kills me.
Tin cans and soda cans all over the place need picking up, partly because of the last tenant here who left trash everywhere, and partly because Quentin has the idea that when he is outdoors and empties a soda can, he needs to toss it into the bushes. (Never mind that it aggravates the dickens out of me that he won't walk 50 feet to put it into the trash can for that kind of thing and he knows it.)
The Merlot needs to get finished being torn down.
More firewood needs cutting (in case he talks himself into a woodstove instead of the propane stove, which latter would be easier to get installed than the former).
I'm still working on that afghan, which is coming along in bits and pieces. I decided a while back that knitting it was taking too long, so I frogged it back to the start and decided to crochet it. For speed, I'll probably do all double crochet, or a simple pattern alternating single and double crochet. A bit rougher on my hands, but a lot faster right now since I need to get it done before winter for extra warmth.
More writing to get done. Found more jam, jelly and condiment (think salsas and chutneys and the like, not ketchup and mustard) recipes to add to the book, so there's that to work on, too.

Yeah, I'm busy.

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


No comments:

Post a Comment