Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Fun day with the IRS - NOT!

You ever have one of those days that starts off just perfect, and then it takes a complete nosedive and puts you behind schedule for everything? Yeah, that's my day so far. Everything was going gangbusters to start. Then I get a message from my daughter via Facebook - apparently, somehow, the fact that she needs my tax transcript for college for her financial aid slipped somebody's mind, and she needs it NOW so her financial aid can be released, so she can have the money for classes and books next week. This requires contact with the IRS. LAST year, I was able to get a real person to wade through this. THIS year, it's all automated and you can't get a real person for love nor money. So I go online. I still can't have it faxed to my Mom (as DD lives four states away in MI with her for college) ... I can get it as a PDF, however, so I do that and email the file to Mom. It took an HOUR to wade through all the crap to get that far. I want to cry from frustration. Pardon whilst I go shed a few tears over this mess.

I have so much to get done, and am trying to build my online business stuff, and then I have to deal with this crap? Oh come on ... all I needed was a real person to talk to, and it would have been done in ten minutes time. But, much like Bert Gomer said in Tremors 2 I think it was about the goverment guys ... "Do what you do best. Take something simple and complicate it."

I have to laugh at what there is of my "garden" yet this year. No ears on the 18" high corn (that's as tall as it got, lol), but it's got pollen like crazy! My sole surviving squash is still setting blooms, all male again, and my green beans are going gangbusters for bush beans. I'll get a meal or two plus some seed to save. Tomatoes are blooming again and getting ready for a second go at production, which is a surprise, but the weather is perfect fo them. And the radishes ... well, the watermelon have still done squat but a couple of leaves each. The two white icicle that did well are blooming like there's no tomorrow and I have a lot of seed pods swelling on them. Big grins here for that. It may not be much of a garden, but I proved to myself that, despite all the adversity I'm dealing with, I can get a garden to grow a little, anyhow. I think I'll skip next year though other than maybe a few tomato plants, and instead buy a ton of seed to save up. I have a bunch of place I like to get a little here and a little there from, but I think I'm going to shell out through the nose over the winter for what I want to get and save up. Even if I won't eat it, it could make good livestock food later on, or stuff to sell at the farmers market. I got me PLANS, folks. As Bob the Tomato put it in the one VeggieTales song, "I've got a LIST!" LOL! Hugs all - I need to get stuff done as soon as I inhale some lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment