Friday, August 8, 2014

Lazy day

Lazy day today, because it's raining .... not only can I not get outside to do anything, I'm sleepy (when am I not, if it is raining at all? HAHA.), and I have to work. Oh well, it's supposed to be a short night tonight, but we don't know for sure. Last night was about 45 minutes short of a full shift, which isn't bad, but it doesn't help the paycheck any. My "day" is just beginning, what with working second shift, but then again, I swapped to second for the more-often-than-not overtime. The shift premium helps as well. I'm still going to get things done as much as I can and get a nap in before work, because hubby is so worked up over his grandma (and who can blame him?), that he is babbling like a brook and I can't get the extra rest I need. Sorry, but HIS five hours a night that he can run on is not enough for me. I need seven or eight in order to function well. So I will likely take an hour or so for a nap, head in a tad early for a quick stop at Subway to treat myself, and then in to work to nosh and get ready to muck about with chicken boobies for a while.

For those who don't know, we have decided that he will not be going up for a visit before the funeral, because he does not want his last memories of her to be THAT. Never mind that he can't get time off for it or we can't really afford it anyhow, that is the LAST thing he needs as his final memory of his grandmother. Add in that he's even more emotional about this kind of thing than I am, and it would give him nightmares for months. So he's not going up before he HAS to, just to avoid that. But for now, it's time to find some books and then take a nap. Hugs, all!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


No comments:

Post a Comment