Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Feeling bad for a friend

Mainly because of the rain we got recently, and more is expected Thursday and Friday this week, and she is out Cali-way, and near all those wildfires, and they need it as bad or worse than we do. I'm glad I don't live out there, as I don't know if I could handle the fires, earthquakes and mudslides that happen in that area with alarming regularity. Add in all their drought and it's a bit past what I'm willing to deal with. (And yet, despite the drought, the golf courses get to water to keep all that greenery, but folks can't water their lawns and gardens? What the heck?)

The boys are enjoying the warmth of the day, as both are snoozing. I want to myself, but work calls in a bit and I need to eat something. Been doing a bit too much goofing around last couple days here instead of getting things accomplished that need doing. Time to get back in the swing of things.

The few beans that bloomed at all are starting to set pods. I think that, because they actually did do something in spite of the weather and unintentional neglect and the horrific growing conditions around here, that instead of eating them, I will let them and the few radishes doing anything go to seed and save the seed. If they are able to grow under this year's conditions, I can just imagine what they'll do under more optimal ones in a year or two when I have a place.

Which reminds me. The potential choices are down to two plus three definite maybes, and the hope is that because there are several negatives to each, that at least one of the five will still be available somewhere down the road. I hit my two years at the plant in April, which is MONTHS away, but then I qualify for downpayment assistance if the mortgage is obtained through the credit union in Springdale that Tyson's works with. Add in that if the loan is done strictly in my name, it will likely qualify for guaranteed loan under USDA's Rural Homebuyer's program, and that means NO downpayment needed ... might be set sooner than that. But I think waiting till I have vacation time to use again would be best, as it would allow me time to visit a bank in Harrison that does the rural homebuyer's loans and see if they can help out with paperwork and all. Plus by then, a small amount might be put aside for things like downpayment, closing, and etc., or for moving costs and some decent furniture.

Anyhow, time to eat something, find books and head off to work. I have a whopping two hours before I have to head out the door. Yay me. Hugs, all!

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


No comments:

Post a Comment