Saturday, August 2, 2014

Warmed up but sore

It's been a rough few days. We've had a lot of rain, which has intermittently reduced my internet to zero, due to being on satellite, and today it got drier and hot. Mid-80s and muggy. I love warm weather, but muggy does not like me with my fibro, because it leaves me really sore. So I spent a lot of today either snoozing in the truck as we went from place to place, or sitting in a disability cart and driving round the stores. Thankfully, I've gotten Quentin to realize that waiting just an hour to get out of the house means that by the time we get to Harrison and have some lunch, all the morning crowds at the stores are done and we pretty much have places to ourselves with the few other smart people who are not so invested in hurry, hurry, hurry. So physically, today especially was horrible, with my pain racing up near an 8 on a 10 point scale. NOT fun. Nine I'm so stiff and sore I can barely move, and moving makes me start to tear up. Ten and you can forget any movement at all, because even breathing hurts. That's when the fibro has me in bed, bawling as softly as possible. I don't get either of those that often, and eight's don't hit very often either.

However, despite reasonable hours at work (as in, no three or four AM clock outs most nights), they have been hammering us. So work has really been taking it out of me. If it weren't for the facts that a - it takes forever and a day to get disability, especially around here, and b - I prefer working my way through life rather than sliding through it on someone else's dime, I'd probably be sitting on my butt most of the time or sleeping, until the checks came in. But I wasn't raised to be lazy, I was raised to work, no matter how much it hurt, until you either dropped, retired, or just plain couldn't move. I stick by that even now. I'll go till I can't possibly go any more.

That happened once we got home and got things in the house and all but the laundry put away. I had to take a bit of a nap for a couple hours, because otherwise, I wasn't going anywhere around the house for anything. I'm just that ouchy, even now. So pardon whilst I list some good homesteading-type books and then head back to bed till tomorrow. My body is screaming at me, and there are a number of obscenities involved. Hugs, all!

(Oh, and there were only two books of any interest yesterday and neither was very good - spelling errors and not even three stars on both - NOT worth the time to share them with y'all!)

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


No comments:

Post a Comment