Thursday, August 7, 2014

It's tough right now

Many of you who are friends on my personal page know of my post earlier today, before I went to bed, about hubby's Grandmother. Things are still not looking good. She is stable and resting, but in-home hospice and the doctors give her maybe two weeks at most. We can't afford the gas for a trip up to see her before she passes, things are just a bit too tight financially for that. We can scrape up for gas for him to go to the funeral, but right now that's it. And since he's on the short list for pallbearers, he needs to be there. He's not doing well. Neither is she, but like I told his cousin Carma, who called a bit ago to update, what we all need, Grandma especially, is for her to go to sleep and just not wake up, so her pain will end peacefully for her and we can all get on with grieving. It sounds awfully crass to put it that way, but it's more practical than anything. If she goes in front of someone, it will just haunt them forever, and that is not something I'd wish on anybody, ya know? The doctors have Gma on Adequan right now but are probably going to switch her to Seroquel to help her sleep at night better till this is over. She is so far gone that she's not recognizing anybody anymore, and it's just a matter of time. So things are rough emotionally, and we appreciate all the love and support from family and friends we can get.

I do wish Tysons hadn't changed their policy on prearranged days off - it was a way for you to take a day off without taking a point. You didn't get paid for it, naturally, but you didn't get stuck with a point, either, and we can't afford points. He doesn't have any to spare because of being stupid with his, and I just got one back last night, and am trying to work mine down so I can get a promotion (they wouldn't give me the breast lead job because I have too many points ... despite being the best-qualified person for the job .... grrr.). I feel so darned bad for Quentin, and there's not a darned thing I can do about all this except be here. Homesteading for a bit is taking a bit of a back seat to family drama. Hugs all, I'm off to find some books, maybe I'll feel better.

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


No comments:

Post a Comment