Sunday, August 17, 2014

Busy Sunday

I'm probably going to tire some of you out with how busy today was. And I still have to make dinner! (Salisbury steaks, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes and green beans for those interested. No, you're not invited, you greedy guts!) It was hot. The high was 90, and it felt more like 94 out when the temp dropped to 84 around 4PM. The heat index is ridiculous. So what all got done, besides a lot of sweating?

Trash got pulled together, taken out and burned. Dishes are done. Laundry's put away. Cat corner is cleaned up again. Soda cans are crushed. Weedeating's done again, and that was a hot mess. Sadly, I won't get any cherry tomatoes. The sole cherry tomato plant the was just starting to bloom go weed whacked when hubby did that. Why he lifted the business end of the weedeater almost two feet off the ground is beyond me. I cried. Seriously. Over a plant. I'm pathetic.

Tinkerbell and Raffles were waiting on me to bring out the goodies. I've made myself their slave, lol. Tink actually meowed at me when I came out today, and while hubby and I stood on the deck to watch them, Tink mostly ignored us, and Raffles finally got brave and came out of hiding to eat. When he saw how gorgeous they both are (I really need to get photos soon), he said, "Oh, wow. They are beautiful. I want them both, fixed and in the house. Lovely kitties." So eventually, the household will be a four cat house. Well, I have wanted to run a cat rescue ... I just didn't envision taking on cats that someone dumped in my yard.

KINDLE FREEBIES OF INTEREST


No comments:

Post a Comment