Friday, October 3, 2014

Cooler weather again

It's just a bit nippy today, with temps only in the 60'sF for the high, so the heat will be on in the house while we are gone, so we can be warmish when we get home.Lows in the 40s tonight mean most everything in the garden will soon die off, and that I will be spending more time indoors with my needlework and less time outdoors doing things there other than cutting wood and dealing with the trash piles and various bits of scrap metal lying around.

I do have to laugh a little. One area we cleared of scrub brush over last summer and the winter (when the winter wasn't too miserably bitter) regrew this year. Not trees and brush, though. These huge, tall wildflowers that were really pretty. Awful woody stems though, and taller than hubby. Not woody enough to use as anything more than kindling or junk if/when cut down and burned, but the flowers were pretty and attracted many butterflies and other pollinators.

Ah well, it's time to get some other things done so I can get ready for work and try to wake up. Someday, things will turn around, lol. I just have no idea when, but then I can actually sleep more. Because its around 20 more years or so before I can file for Social Security, if it even exists then, and I don't think lack of sleep is going to help me get that far, haha! Besides, I'd like to have the homestead up and running like I want it to be long before then! I want to enjoy my homestead and garden and all in my upcoming "golden years" instead of having to try to develop them!

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment