Saturday, October 25, 2014

Yay, it's Saturday

And I get to go to work today, instead of run errands and relax, because they posted for today! Whoopie! I'm so thrilled! NOT. I want my weekend, darn it. And while we get next weekend all off, the following two weekends, we have to work as well. So thrilling. And the best part of all is, nobody knows how late we'll be working tonight, if at all. We have heard that there are only going to be enough birds coming in for first shift for all of today, and that there are going to be a lot of them and we'll be there till 4AM. Either way, I'm going ready for bear, as the saying goes, and packing lunch just in case.

Progress on the kitty front. Smudge now is not growling so much at the girls, and Tinkerbell met me at the end of the hallway this morning to get petted at breakfast time. Raffles finally came out of hiding and sat in the kitchen door and screamed kitty imprecations at me while I was fixing the food. Bouncer. for some odd reason, preferred to snooze on the toilet. I had to actually pick him up and carry him to the food dishes. But everybody ate without fussing, so that's good.

Mom's lap quilt is still progressing. I've gotten the second butterfly half done. I doubt it will be done by Christmas, but it will get done and I know she'll love it. I'll have to root out batteries and take a few photos of it in progress soon. It's looking really nice, and while I'm enjoying working on it, I'll be glad when it's done and I can go back to concentrating on other things. Writing is coming along bit by bit, and so another little book will be out in a couple of months. This one is a bit bigger than what I've done so far, and I need to polish it more before I consider publishing it on Kindle. Plus there's the "antifreeze afghan" to work on, other projects to do, and my Amazon wishlist to restock, just so everybody knows what to get me for presents instead of gift cards or asking me what it is that I want for birthday, anniversary and Christmas. Or just because. Then I can tell folks, "Go to my Amazon wishlist, and get me anything off of there. I'll be happy." Seriously, I will. (Or an Amazon gift card, and then I'll get something off the list myself and be happy.)

Hubby's birthday is next week, and I still have no idea what to do for him. I can't get him a cake, because his teeth aren't that great and serious sweets like that give him major toothaches, but I am thinking of an album he wants from Little Big Town. Not my kind of country (I much prefer the older stuff), but it has a song on it he really likes, and so I may pick him up a copy for a present. Might have to take him to dinner next weekend as well, just because.

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment