Friday, October 24, 2014

I am NOT a morning person

Hubby knows this. Some days, he really irritates me, because he can open his eyes, get up and moving and be wide awake in about ten seconds. I'm more the "might be awake by lunch" type of person. So my concentration in the mornings, as soon as I'm up, is usually something fairly brainless, like writing, or email or something to that effect. Today is one of those days when I'm not getting much accomplished, because we got up, I fed the boys and he starts babbling like a brook. He KNOWS I'm going to get irritated and not be able to concentrate. So riddle me this, my friends. Why does he start asking me questions that I have no experience in (mechanical stuff) and can't even give a polite "I don't know" answer to? All I want to do is snap those three words, tacking on, "Now leave me ALONE" on the end. This does not start the day off well, especially considering that we got scheduled for work tomorrow as well. I love the idea of the paycheck with all the overtime on it, but not the idea of all the extra work to get it, lol. There's too much to do and not nearly enough time to do it all as it is. One of these days ... I keep telling myself that every day I get through is one day closer to the goals that have been set. But, Dear God, today is one of those days when I really wish they were here already.

I loved the time when I was off work for eighteen months. The money was tight, but I got to have a lot of fun doing the things I wanted to do and enjoyed. Housework so that the house was always sparkling, I made a hot meal every night, I got to read, do needlework, watch TV if I wanted, whatever tickled my fancy. Most of which involved not leaving the house other than a few errands prior to hubby heading to work. Those days were a real blessing, and we both miss them terribly. But in order to get where we need to be, we both need to work right now, while my writing builds up to a steady income. Plus there are a few other things I do to bring in a few bucks, but it's all nowhere near enough to quit yet. Plus we need to get to where we are buying a house we can afford easily on one paycheck. Trust me, it's not easy getting there. But this two-job thing has got to eventually stop. There's a small farmstead/market garden to get rocking, and it's impossible to deal with that well when you have to spend all your free time working. I want to spend more time writing, and doing needlework to sell, and writing up the patterns to sell, and instead, I have to go to work.

Don't get me wrong. I like my job quite a lot. The money's good, it's nice to get out of the house, and so forth. But I like being home a lot more. I like being able to keep up the house, and cook and all kinds of things like I mentioned. Plus, at my age and with "the change" upon me, I like the naps a lot. Life, I've found, is much better with lots of naps. Hugs all, I think I'll take a short one before I head to work.

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment